PDA

View Full Version : Depression

jcd_gad
12-11-14, 21:23
Hi,

I was wondering what anxiety remedies people have come across? I've looked into tea - but found it foul and undrinkable (saffron / turmeric) has anyone else got any other ideas?

SADnomore
13-11-14, 00:06
Hi, there!

As I am researching nutritional supplements, I have come across several sources citing Vitamin D deficiency as contributing to depression. My doctor said to take 5,000 to 10,000 units a day. We in the north are chronically deficient, and the old RDAs are just wrong they have found out.

I've read a couple of things on Vitamin C as well, which is something else our bodies don't manufacture, and we need to make sure we are getting enough of, for mood.

On the other hand, B vitamin supplements make a lot of people anxious soon after they ingest them, me included. I get my B vitamins from nutritional yeast, which I mix into mashed avocado each day. Some people like it on popcorn, as it has kind of a salty taste. Very good for the nerves are the Bs.

Magnesium too! Bob on here manages to avoid meds atm, because of magnesium supplements! Check his thread on this :)

Marie