PDA

View Full Version : Hot flushing feeling in one foot?!

lelespears
13-11-14, 07:47
Keep getting this.. It's like a wave of hotness flushing into one foot! I don't feel anxious until it's happened. It's like a warm wave into my foot. Worried about MS and other horrid things.

jonjones
13-11-14, 08:56
Hi,

I recommend you get it checked out for peace of mind but a feeling of flushing is usually caused by the contraction and expansion of blood vessels.

This usually works as a cooling or warming mechanism in the body. The veins expand or contract to allow more or less blood flow.

This is controlled by the sumpathetic nervous system. Because you feel anxious it is overeacting. It can cause a feeling of hotness or flushing. It isnt anything to worry about, as its normal. Although like I said you should prob get it checked out for peace of mind!

See here for more info:

https://www.boundless.com/physiology/textbooks/boundless-anatomy-and-physiology-textbook/the-cardiovascular-system-blood-vessels-19/blood-flow-through-the-body-185/blood-flow-in-skin-923-2180/

Best,

Jon

lelespears
13-11-14, 09:09
Thanks Jon!

That's helpful. I'm just freaking out today. I do have thyroid disease which doesn't help but this is a new thing..

jonjones
13-11-14, 09:16
No problem, I learned about this by reading Dr Claire Weekes books!

Ever read them?

Best,

Jon

lelespears
13-11-14, 18:55
No I haven't.

Struggling to believe this is anxiety.

Does anyone else get this?

chickpea
13-11-14, 19:14
Get hold of a copy of Claire Weekes "Self help for your Nerves" (or actually, any book by her!).
She is excellent at explaining the physical symptoms of anxiety in a very clear way that will stop your worrying.

The warmth in your foot could simply be adrenaline - does it feel a bit tingly?

lelespears
13-11-14, 20:09
No it's literally like it's being flooded with warm water from the inside