PDA

View Full Version : Coming Off Seroxat!!

hel29
03-01-07, 23:18
Has any1 any advice on weaning off seroxat i been on 9 1/2 years and want 2 come off but am scared of withdrawl(no jokes please!)please help!!!!

H.Walton

nomorepanic
03-01-07, 23:20
Hi and welcome

Wow that is a long time on meds.

It will have to be done very very slowly. Could take u up to a year to come off as you slowly reduce the dose.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

hel29
03-01-07, 23:25
hi do u think 1mg/1ml will be ok every month for 20 months?

H.Walton

nomorepanic
03-01-07, 23:46
What dose are you on now

Has the doctor suggested a withdrawal dose?

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

kazzie
04-01-07, 01:19
Hi There

As nic said it needs to be slow and under medical supervision!!!

If u find it hard to cut the pills the gp can give u liquid that can be reduced 1mg at a time using a syringe to measure the dose

best of luck and feel free to pm me if u want any more help

luv kaz x

loopyangel
28-01-07, 23:50
hi there

i was put on seroxat 6 yrs ago at 30 ml
2 yrs ago i started to wean my self off after lots of research
i started by droping to 20 every other day an then every 2 days ect untill i was on 20 ml to be honest i found that part really easy an it took a few week
then was the bigger drop i did the same with the 20 ml to the 10 ml
did it in the same way but i did have some with drawall effects and it took longer

then i sitched to the liquid version

by now though i have compleatly changed my diet and added a few extra vitamins in to my daily routine

i was droping 0.2 one week
an then 0.3 the next
i know that seems very little but i knew this part was going to be the longest an i wanted to do it slowly

there was weeks when i found the side effect really bad an i didnt drop at all i used to wait untill i had kind of stableised before dropping again

any way after arround 12 month i was down to 0.5
it was such an acheive ment but i really couldnt handle the side effects any more they were really bad and i had a doctor that told me that it was all in my head which didnt help

eventually i sucumed an went back up to 10 ml felt better in a week or so but with all the side effect it had set me back so much with my initial illness

im about to try again if you want to work together

please remember tho that some people dont get side effects you may find u hardly have any every one is different
i can also help with the diet an supliments if u like

any way pm me or we can keep it here for others to see an get some help maybe from it

either way good luck xx

sueatfuerte
03-05-10, 11:22
It has been suggested that the doctor can swap your medication to another antidepressant that is easier to withdraw from has anyone tried this?

sueatfuerte
03-05-10, 11:54
I wanted to come off seroxat after several years and having made the decision to retire early and move abroad for a much slower pace of life. I have reduced the dose to 20 mg and because it is difficult to come off seroxat, I asked my doctor to change my prescription to something easier to reduce he has given me Cymbalta and after only a week I feel dizzy disconnected and very strange, has anyone found a better substitute to withdraw with?

Dahlia
03-05-10, 12:16
My understanding is that Prozac is the best substitute to help withdrawal. It has a much longer half life than Seroxat, so the withdrawal is easier.

Dahlia

Vixxy
11-05-10, 22:20
I was prescribed seroxat today. My gp told me that when I come off them I can use prozac to get over any of the side effects.
Kinda scary to take a pill that I know will be a pain in the ass to come off again later, but needs must.

jane o
01-07-10, 00:44
It has been suggested that the doctor can swap your medication to another antidepressant that is easier to withdraw from has anyone tried this? hi iam just coming off seroxat for ocd but i have been prescibed a replacement i am finding the side effects weird to say the least tingling around my lips also irritable and like an electric shock feeling going through my head anyone else use it 4 ocd:yahoo:

lisa12
01-07-10, 00:57
HI i to have been on seroxat 20mg for 11 years when i got pregnant i started taking 10mg ev day instead of the 20 mg i had no problem doin this..but after baby was born went back to 20mg ..i to would love to stop taking this med but i am scared of side affects although i was ok droping by 10 mg before .i think i am ammune to them n they dont work no more, doc tried swappin me to citrolapram other wk straight from seroxat but did notlike how it made me feel so went back on my seroxat

markablee
30-09-10, 19:17
hi people. i've been taking seroxat for about 2 years, and stop taking it before 6 months, and i do it very stupid and not gradually, for about 2 weeks. so i'm 6 months seroxat free, but i have depression, phobias, memory and concentration problems, and don't know how long it's gonna last. what's your advice, should i continue to fight in this "natural" way, should i start again with seroxat(which is probably the worse option) or should i start taking some other drug?