PDA

View Full Version : Venlafaxine isn't working, what next?

spamvicious
13-11-14, 12:23
I was on Venlafaxine 150mg for 5 weeks and apart from helping a tiny bit with anxiety it did nothing for my depression, in fact it made it much worse. I was also experiencing severe side effects, heart jolts, muscle spasms and weird facial tics. My doctor advised me to reduce the dose to 75mg which I have done, apart from an increase in anxiety, I haven't had any major physical side effects. The tics and heart jolts have stopped more or less. I've been on 75mg for 10 days now.

I'm currently waiting for a new appointment with a pdoc but I wondered what meds I could go onto next. I have looked at Duloxetine and Cipralex, what have been your experiences on these if any of you have used them?. My main criteria is that I don't want anything that is gonna make my anxiety any worse. I understand all meds can do that initially but some will be more renowned for this than others. I read that Cipralex works fast on anxiety but don't know if thats true.

aprilmoon
13-11-14, 12:53
Hi
I'm on 150mg of Ven, but also take an add on of Olanzapine(5mg) for anxiety.
I felt that as the anxiety was sorted,the depression decreased.
I was also on Mirt but have felt ok since coming off them a few months ago.
I credit the Olanzapine for this.:)

nomorepanic
13-11-14, 12:57
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

spamvicious
13-11-14, 15:00
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Hi, I didn't put it in this thread as my question was a general one about all medications and not about venlaxafine.

---------- Post added at 15:00 ---------- Previous post was at 14:59 ----------

Hi
I'm on 150mg of Ven, but also take an add on of Olanzapine(5mg) for anxiety.
I felt that as the anxiety was sorted,the depression decreased.
I was also on Mirt but have felt ok since coming off them a few months ago.
I credit the Olanzapine for this.:)

Thanks for this, I'll look into it. I now have a 3 week wait till I can see the pdoc which I'm not happy about. I've already lost 3 months of my life to this crippling anxiety.