PDA

View Full Version : Worried about this pain!! :(

Petesy
13-11-14, 17:10
Hi Everyone

I have this pain behind my ribs on the right side which has been worrying me since about 12:30pm, the only way I can describe it is like a stitch, but I ain't done anything to get a stitch, it's been catching me as I take a breath, i've had to take 2 paracetamol to see if it subsides but this was 3 hours ago...

Has anyone experienced this or anything similar it's sort a dull and stabbing.

Got my ultrasound results back and they're normal which is good news but this has my anxiety all over the place..

I would really appreciate your feedback

Thank you

Petesy.

---------- Post added at 17:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:01 ----------

Please anyone? I can feel this bringing on a panic attack and that's all i need right now.

PanchoGoz
13-11-14, 17:21
Sounds like trapped wind to me. I'd say most stomach pains of this nature are trapped wind! If it's what my mum always said, then it's true.

MRS STRESS ED
13-11-14, 17:30
Petesey we can get allsorts of pain's for no reason I get aches and pains all the time,and anxiety on top of it as well not going to help you,try and relax I'm sure it will pass,and I think its a good sign it's eased,if it was something more sinister a paracetamol wouldn't get rid of it xx

Petesy
13-11-14, 17:39
Hi PanchoGoz

Thanks for your reply

Funny you should mention trapped wind and that's what you're mum said, because I just phoned my mother explaining it to her and she also said trapped wind, the reason I'm in a state about it is because I've been hospitalised on several occasions due to stomach issues e.g gastritis, pancreatitis, and an ulcer which burst, this is why I'm uptight and panicking..

I hope it is just trapped wind, i've worked myself into a frenzy which won't be doing it any favours either :scared15:

Thanks again

Petesy

---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:32 ----------

Thanks MRS STRESS ED

It's hard i'm trying to tell myself to ignore it, it'll pass etc.. Because I know if this anxiety turns into an attack it'll make matters worse, the paracetamol didn't take it away, i'm up my father's atm drinking a cup of chamomile tea trying my best to relax.. I'm starting to break wind and it's really foul (really sorry) and my stomach is going into spasms could this be ibs reeking havoc??

Thanks

Petesy x

MRS STRESS ED
13-11-14, 17:52
well that should do it :D lol hope you feel better soon how is your dad tho hehehe xxxx

Petesy
13-11-14, 18:02
Lol yeah I think I need a lot more :blush:, my dad is fine apart from asking me to vacate his room because of these foul smelling farts lol, having a little giggle about things xx

wnsos
13-11-14, 18:20
I've had this on and off (mostly on) since early August. According to the GP it's "mild" IBS. it's really annoying though so I know how easy it is to be worried. I had pancreatitis 7 years ago too and is kind of the root of the anxiety I have about my stomach. Hope it stops for you soon.

Annie0904
13-11-14, 18:33
Agree with wind :)

Petesy
13-11-14, 18:34
Wnsos I know that pancreatitis pain all too well how can you forget, i'm the same it's mostly my stomach that kicks off and suffering with anxiety obviously troubles the stomach which then triggers panic, so I suppose it's a vicious circle, my g.p prescribed me peppermint oil capsules a couple of months ago saying it might be ibs..
Well all bloods came back normal urine also now I've had an ultrasound scan done and the results are normal, I still live in fear over the past I suppose.. Maybe the doc can confirm ibs now that the tests have came back normal, i sympathise with anyone who suffers ibs because if this is it then it's been debilitating all day..

Thanks

Petesy

Carnation
13-11-14, 20:34
Trapped wind can be extremely painful and can last for days. You can get it anywhere in the body, but the shoulder area is the most common. A glass of flat Lemonade is a brilliant cure for this. Anxiety sufferers get a lot of this problem, I know I do. :ohmy:

PanchoGoz
13-11-14, 20:49
I can't say I've ever had it in the shoulder area...that's interesting. Mine's normally lower belly.

Annie0904
13-11-14, 20:55
I get it in my shoulders and it's agony :(

carmaroo
13-11-14, 21:08
I hope you feel better, not to joke about the pain, but I saw this video online and it made me chuckle a bit. I hope it brings you a little laughter. http://www.buzzfeed.com/sararubin/moments-only-hypochondriacs-understand

I hope your pain goes away soon.

MM
13-11-14, 21:11
I usually get trapped wind in my shoulder as well. My HA had fun that day! I understand. I ended up trying some yoga positions to see if that helps. I don't know if it did but heres what i did:

1) Lay down flat
2) Take a deep breath in
3) Hold the breath and move your left leg to your chest (use your arms to hold it)
4) Breathe out and lift your right leg to your chest (keep your left leg there)
5) Breathe normally for a few breaths in that position with both legs to your chest

See if that helps! Do it a few times.

Hope you feel better.

Petesy
14-11-14, 15:21
Thank you very much everyone for all your replies I really appreciate it,

woke up this morning and was ok sat down on the and pain returns in the exact same location, i was so happy thinking yee Haa it's away well I thought too soon,... Here's the thing I've went to the toilet three times since I got up (No.2's) which is unusual for me but the third time I was constipated... First 2 times was normal third was loose then immediate constipation (sorry everyone) but is this ibs?

PanchoGoz
14-11-14, 16:29
Everyone gets tummy trouble once in a while. If it's causing you long term problems you should tell your doctor and he will diagnose you.