PDA

View Full Version : HA so bad at the mo - advice and reassurance please

louise0501
13-11-14, 21:18
Hello. My health anxiety has gone into overdrive and im feeling very upset and depressed. I can no longer enjoy my life or look forward to things as i have a feeling of impending doom. My main as most people is cancer and its always on the news and in the media. I also have a lot of worries surrounding my teeth and im to scared to go to denitist im case all my teeth will have to be pulled. Also a week or so ago one of my friends had a stroke and shes only 23 and fit and healthy and i just dont understand how this can happen. I just feel so alone and so depressed. Any reassurance? Or if anyone can relate please feel fred to pm me to chat.

Please reply
Love Louise xxxx

MM
13-11-14, 21:22
I so relate to you. I'm having a little health scare myself and it's kicking my HA into overdrive for sure. I'm so anxious and nervous and depressed about it, it's taking over my life at the moment! I don't know what to say besides don't forget those deep breaths and do your best to distract yourself. If you haven't gone to a doctor in awhile maybe go there to make sure everything is alright to ease your mind. This will only give a temporary relief so see if you can fix the very real problem - HA :)

lily1
13-11-14, 23:09
What symptom do you have a concern about?x

louise0501
14-11-14, 13:50
Hi. Thanks for getting. The main thing bothering me is my teeth as they feel so sensitive and sensodyne isnt working at all. Im terrified to go to dentist in case something serious is wrong. I reckon if i go to dentist i will have to have all my teeth pulled and hav false ones and im only 27. Any advice/reassurance would be great?

Please reply
love Louise xxxx

Georgie14
14-11-14, 15:52
Hi Louise, I used to be a dental nurse? Do you eat a lot of fruit or drink coke? It sounds like your teeth sensitive.

cmclarke
14-11-14, 16:16
I'm sorry you are feeling this way, but I think you should go to the dentist! I have sensitive teeth too. Sensodyne does nothing. Maybe you grind your teeth (stress) at night? The dentist could have ideas that will bring you relief.

Trust me, your imagination is much worse than what is really happening. I've definitely been there when I was around your age. I'm 40 now so I've been dealing with this a long time.

What are you doing to manage your HA?