PDA

View Full Version : Bunion surgery

Linatjong1981
14-11-14, 07:46
Hi my name Lina , I have a bunion surgery 3 weeks ago,use crutches to help me get up n walk for another week,the pain was bearable for the first week,sleep uncomfortable but now is getting much better, still little swollen, how long this swollen will go away?anyone had experienced would be appreciated it if you like to share it here, btw planing to go Las Vegas in 3 weeks hopefully at that no more swollen n can walk well thank you

Annie0904
14-11-14, 11:34
Hi Lina, I have not had this surgery but I took this information from the NHS website

"After bunion surgery, expect your foot and ankle to be swollen for three months or longer. While you are recovering, you will need to elevate your foot to reduce swelling and you will need crutches to move around.
You will not usually be able to wear normal shoes for at least six months after surgery. You may have a cast or bandage and postoperative shoes (shoes specially designed to allow heel walking and protect the bony cuts) before you can start wearing regular footwear. This will keep the bones and soft tissues in place while they heal."