PDA

View Full Version : Really worried about MS

Altrincham
14-11-14, 19:16
About a year ago i had symptoms of numbness, pins and needles, freezing and weakness in my right arm... Having initially googled symptoms and came back with Ms, this developed into symptoms in feet, difficulty concentrating, difficulty remembering words and chronic fatigue. After 2 months of constant symptoms Went to see an orthopaedic surgeon who did nerve conduction tests and MRI of neck and shoulder and was given the all clear, symptoms went almost straight away. One year later symptoms back full on in the same arm and sporadically else where, now really convinced its MS and really struggling coping, would really value anyones advice.

chickpea
14-11-14, 19:33
I had the same symptoms in my right arm for several weeks last month.
Spoke to a physio friend who suggested it was a nerve impingement in my neck or shoulder. She suggested an orthopaedic pillow and a neck exercise to do.
The symptoms went, but that shoulder is starting to click a bit and I'm getting slight numbness again.
I know I have an issue with that shoulder - I saw an osteopath about it last year, so it is obviously something that recurs.
Chances are, whatever caused your symptoms last time has returned (NOT MS), so I suggest seeing either a physio or an osteopath to find out what's going on.