PDA

View Full Version : New job nerves!

RachyPop19
15-11-14, 01:30
Hi everyone,
Ive been offered an internal position within my work. Its alot more money so it puts my financial anxieties at bay.
But now, Im worried about being out of my comfort zone and what if no one likes me? Trivial things im sure, but i worked in my last position for 8 years its my first and only job...so i feel like a shark out of water!
Any one with any advice on starting a new job, all advice appreciated!
Thanks x

Oosh
15-11-14, 08:00
Haha you sound like me.

Don't forget that this is just anticipatory anxiety and it doesn't reflect how it's going to be in reality.

I was in a similar position a few years ago. I was VERY anxious about the job change, phobic even. I'd be around WAY more people and was freezing out about it. But nearly always in these situations, when you see the reality it's something you can find a comfortable routine in and get by quite easily, even enjoy.

As well as there being bits you'll worry about there'll be new things you'll see as an improvement and come to value and wonder how you did without.

Look for the friend in the new people there. Look for what's likeable about them. You'll find it and enjoy their company right away.

It's change people like us fear. Do it anyway. It won't be long before you're settled in the new job and won't want to change from that one.

Congratulations on the new job :yahoo:

HalfJack
15-11-14, 11:08
Well your bosses must believe in you which is ace!
Lots of big question marks in front makes me stressed too but once you start you'll begin to find your place, congrats lovely!

RachyPop19
15-11-14, 12:45
Thank you to you both :)
I already know one person in the place and the manager said he offered me the position not only due to experience, but excellent feed back from the team regarding my personality. I still even doubt that I just assume people just lie or feel like im being mocked if that makes sense even though its not usually the case