PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety/ depression = low immune system

oscar1
15-11-14, 03:26
Does anyone else find themselves physically I'll more often. I've had two stomach bugs in the last two weeks and seem to constantly have a cold. I feel bad because I have to take time off work (with the stomach bugs, not the cold). Does this happen to anyone else?

MyNameIsTerry
15-11-14, 03:53
Yes, I think a lot of people will say the same. I used to get this but I walk miles everyday at a decent pace and I rarely suffer colds or anything thesedays even when my family are flued up around me.

The body is worked harder than normal due to stress so for people like us we are burning ourselves out from all the testosterone & cortisol flooding out systems. We suffer on many fronts too because mineral depletion is linked to stress, so we may need more of the vitamins & minerals than average.

Its not just with anxiety & depression either. My brother used to work long shifts for overtime and take sparse holidays and he had a few occasions where he was flued up as soon as he went on holiday.

I remember having bouts of things like this myself before I started with GAD. I always worked long shifts and overtime, rushed around a lot at work and lived on the stress, etc. Work hard, play hard = a battered immune system and occassional illness.