PDA

View Full Version : Unable to calm down after long period of high anxiety

hadenough
15-11-14, 08:55
I have been in a high state of anxiety for a few weeks now especially the last two after having a medical test for something which I was convinced I had. I thought that if I got good news then I would be able to calm down and hopefully get some much needed sleep. When I got the results the relief was huge but for some reason the opposite has happened, I am so wound up its unbelievable, my heart is pounding, Im shaking, feel sick and am unable to relax at all. This has been going on since yesterday and I just cant calm myself down, does anyone have any ideas please?

wabbit1
15-11-14, 09:40
I'm not sure why but I have experienced the same thing. Maybe it's adrenalin from the relief of the results. I don't really have any ideas for calming down because I've not yet discovered a healthy one myself.

Dazza123
15-11-14, 12:57
I have a tense and relax cd which I listen to if I have been anxious for a long time, you can usually download them if you search on the net. If things are really that bad and you simply cannot come down from this id ask your doctor for a low dose of diazepam, just a couple to break the cycle. When used correctly diazepam is very good short term.