PDA

View Full Version : Jumping from one illness to another?

Avasmummy_x
15-11-14, 10:32
I've started noticing a patten with my anxiety symptoms. Last year I was conceived I had a dvt as my leg came out all blood blistered and ached for weeks my doctor was convinced it wasn't and it got to the point I then started with chest pain and breathlessness. which sparked pe fears. Except this time I was took seriously and was actually put on blood thinning meds and in resus as they thought it was too. Guess what? Ended up discharged the next day with anxiety.

So then I goy paranoid about my heart as the chest pain and breathlessness continued. I was convinced I had heart disease of some form and a ticking time bomb. Some weeks id go my doctors 3 times a week to check my sat levels as I was convinced I couldn't breath and my heart was packing in. After 5months my doctor organised a echo scan as she didn't know what else to do with me as I kept going doctors or out of hours convinced I couldn't breathe. Echo scan clear. Put down to anxiety. And guess what the symptoms faded...

Then I went through a phase of lightheadnessness 24/7 with numb arms and really really bad constant headaches. Of course brain tumour comes to mind. Had an mri last month still awaiting results. But neurologist said before the scan he thought it was migraines or sinuses. Lord behold my lightheaded is still here some days but not constant like it was before the scan? Maybe it's because I knew I would of heard pretty quickly if I had a tumour. Not weeks.

And now currently it seems to be mental illness I'm focussed on. I don't normally has physcological symphoms of anxiety its always been physical ones as you can by my History. Now I'm having constant racing thoughts. My mind won't stop. My ears are sooo sensitive. To the point I think I'll hear voices. I'm just in a constant state of panic. And now I'm obsessive over the fact I may be going mad. Steming from my mum has bi polar so always been scared I will end up mentally ill. So now you've guessed it I'm back at my doctors every week for reassurance that I'm not mad. Why am I so sensitive to sound then? Why does it feel like I'm gonna hear stuff? Why am I having intrusive thoughts? These are all things I've never experience in my 8years of anxiety.

But then I think. I did exactly the same with all illness. It must be a brain tumour this pain and lightheadnessness is constant. I don't get a break. If it was anxiety I would get a break. Now my arms numb now it is neurologically effecting me. It's definitely definitely a brain tumour. But no Charlotte it's not.

So yeah does anyone else do this? Constant cycle of jumping from illness to illness? I must admit though this new one scares me more as there is no scan to rule it out. How will I rid myself this time?

eeesh
15-11-14, 10:54
Haha!

It's just the way it is with anxiety. We cycle through existing symptoms and any pathologies we can find with Google! Then when things come back with a dead end, we are hyper-vigilant in analysing our bodies, feelings, emotions, in order to reassure ourselves that something is wrong, and that we're not mad.

It just gets confusing because the symptoms feel very real. Then we question what it is to 'feel normal', or asymptomatic. That's what bothers me. I'm not sure what normal is, so I have no baseline to compare anything to.

chickpea
15-11-14, 11:59
A common trait among people suffering from HA is the though that being "healthy" means never having physical sensations or symptoms.

I really think that's a statement to read and understand.

Fishmanpa
15-11-14, 14:54
So yeah does anyone else do this? Constant cycle of jumping from illness to illness?

All one need to is look at the post history to see that. Jumping from one illness to the next is in HA 101.

Positive thoughts

Avasmummy_x
15-11-14, 15:10
Hate hate hate it. Why can't we just be normal for once eh?

SOBAY310
15-11-14, 20:41
I can relate to this. I just posted my similar situation a couple days ago:
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=162218

It is hard because we try to enjoy life but our mind says don't get too comfortable because you have problems...although those problems aren't real. I just hope, as with anxiety, it will numb out after a while if we just allow the thoughts to run their course. It's tiring and depressing to deal with, but I take comfort in knowing time will eventually heal this. It just takes work as with anything else.

Feel free to PM me and perhaps we can get through this together!