PDA

View Full Version : A Saturday night in....with all you lovely people!

IrishLondon
15-11-14, 21:58
Hi everyone,

I decided to have a quiet Saturday night in - a few friends had asked me to go into central London for a night out, but I couldn't quite face it. So I though i'd come on and say hello to all of you.

I've been feeling a tiny bit better yesterday and today - managed to go out last night and then dragged myself to the gym today. There's still that constant feeling of anxiety but I'm taking any little improvement as a good thing. I've been on the increased 75mg sertraline dose for 5 days now but i guess it would be too soon for that to start working.

Anyway, regardless of what's caused I just wanted to come on and write something positive! And hope you are all having a nice Saturday!!

Ryan

eeesh
15-11-14, 22:11
Hi everyone,

I decided to have a quiet Saturday night in - a few friends had asked me to go into central London for a night out, but I couldn't quite face it. So I though i'd come on and say hello to all of you.

I've been feeling a tiny bit better yesterday and today - managed to go out last night and then dragged myself to the gym today. There's still that constant feeling of anxiety but I'm taking any little improvement as a good thing. I've been on the increased 75mg sertraline dose for 5 days now but i guess it would be too soon for that to start working.

Anyway, regardless of what's caused I just wanted to come on and write something positive! And hope you are all having a nice Saturday!!

Ryan

Hey mate.

I always find the gym really helpful. I am a bit of an extremist with everything I pursue, so it can be obsessional and destructive (as with everything), but it gives my life such structure that it keeps the anxiety etc at bay. Something to get up for in the morning, something to organise my diet around etc. So yeah, definitely something that could help ya. Also check out this article (http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/how-everyone-became-depressed/201407/female-bodybuilding-antidepressant). It may be geared to females but the principles would apply regardless of gender.

Good that you managed to go out last night. Maybe should have gone out tonight too? But progress is progress... I'm in on my own too!

miss sparkle
15-11-14, 22:21
Rock and roll. Im watching qvc!!:blush:

IrishLondon
15-11-14, 22:22
Thanks mate,

I'll definitely have a read of that article! Yes i've been pretty had with keeping active over the last few months - and looking back, that's when my anxiety started to build up.

So i'm going to try and get a bit of cardio in at least once a day - nothing too strenuous, just a bit of run.

How's your night in going? I probably should have gone out, but the night in isn't going too badly. The fear isn't totally overwhelming me as it was two weekends ago - so that's progress i think!

Thanks a lot again
Ryan

---------- Post added at 22:22 ---------- Previous post was at 22:21 ----------

Haha Miss Sparkle - exciting stuff on qvc? I'm watching Sherlock!

miss sparkle
15-11-14, 22:30
Nope. Monotonous chat about lotions and potions that apparently make us women look beautiful �� lol

eeesh
15-11-14, 23:30
Thanks mate,

I'll definitely have a read of that article! Yes i've been pretty had with keeping active over the last few months - and looking back, that's when my anxiety started to build up.

So i'm going to try and get a bit of cardio in at least once a day - nothing too strenuous, just a bit of run.

How's your night in going? I probably should have gone out, but the night in isn't going too badly. The fear isn't totally overwhelming me as it was two weekends ago - so that's progress i think!

Thanks a lot again
Ryan

---------- Post added at 22:22 ---------- Previous post was at 22:21 ----------

Haha Miss Sparkle - exciting stuff on qvc? I'm watching Sherlock!

Yes! I am plagued with chronic elbow tendonitis. I train very hard for six months or so, the tendonitis will flare up and I'll have to train with reduced intensity. I lose interest in it for a period and then get back into it when the elbow soreness has decreased. These past 2 months I havent been training and my anxiety has been horrific.

I think its because so much of my identity is vested in being muscular and going to the gym. My social group and whole lifestyle is oriented around it. When something comes in the way of that, it's as if I've lost my identity - the muscles go and I develop other neurotic obsessions instead. This time it seems to be health anxiety! Also my lifestyle dramatically deteriorates: I can't get out of bed, I don't eat, I smoke and drink etc.

Like I said, I have to be at one extreme end of any given spectrum!

Run sounds like a good idea. Or just going for a walk outside makes a huge difference. Starting a random conversation with someone else you meet, or going to something communal are little things you can do to make you feel less alone. Although by the sounds of things you have friends that want to spend time with you! So do it!