PDA

View Full Version : Muscles twitch CONSTANTLY at rest.

workingonpanic
15-11-14, 22:51
So I've had panic attacks for about 4 years now. Typical panic where I feel the world caving in, struggle to breathe, think I'm dying, etc. About 3 months ago I had a solid month of heart palpitations/skipped beats/etc. This was terrifying but after an ECG, they disappeared (for the most part) and LITERALLY were replaced with muscle twitches. At rest, my calf and leg muscles twitch constantly. Literally constantly. The twitches move around. Right leg jumps up and around hits my thigh then goes to my left leg then my eye then my rib cage.... it's ridiculous. I've overcome my fear that this is related to ALS, however I can't shake the feeling that it's in my brain (neurological) and that something is causing this, although my GP and dad (also a doc) say it's just stress. HOW can this just be stress? Comments and advice are greatly welcomed, been dealing with this daily for 2 months. God bless.

John_Daryl
16-11-14, 04:46
Iv literally been through this for the past month. My doctor told me my worries are ridiculous and if you're twitching on both sides don't even think about worrying about brain tumours etc. Anxiety can cause this. Since I saw the doctor my twitching and hiccups has almost completely stopped. Coincidence? No, I believed he was right and calmed down. Read my posts, iv been bad about this ha

workingonpanic
18-11-14, 04:28
Thanks Deryl! Mine are on both sides,. all over

MrAndy
18-11-14, 09:06
muscle twitches are a normal but annoying side effect of anxiety and nothing to worry about.They fade with time