PDA

View Full Version : bit of a 'wow'-experience

silentcalligraph
28-08-04, 09:40
I don't know where to put this but I thought it's worth sharing. I had an appointment with a dentist yesterday, he's working with hypnotherapy and I wanted to see whether that could work for me. When making the appointment I told them I just wanted an interview - yet I was convinced he would try to talk me into the chair from hell and I was worried out of my wits (I don't need to go into detail - I guess most people here know the feeling). Yet after he had introduece himself and I had told him about my problems one of the first things he did was actually thanking me for showing up! He said he knew how hard it must have been and that he appreciated that I made the effort. I'm a longterm sufferer and I've met with quite a lot of folks from the medical field but this was the first time I've met someon who seemed to have a grasp of what was going on and that was such a mind-blowing experience! Anyhow he told me that he would like to work with me, I should take my time and call when I feel ready and sent me off without pushing for a definite appointment!

seh1980
28-08-04, 12:24
WOW - nice to know some dentists do live in the real world!! :)

sal
28-08-04, 14:10
That sounds really great. No pressure which is horrible and he obviously understands that very well as he thanked you for showing up.

This could be a good turning point for you and he could give you loads of help.

I hope you decide to try it as he sounds very keen to help you.

Good luck.

Love Sal xxxxx

silentcalligraph
29-08-04, 09:48
Thanks for the encouraging words!

I'll definitely return - I have not much of a choice anyway, having some problems that need a dentist's attention. My last dentist was a nightmare, technically she was perfect, I had a root-canal done without ever being in pain. Yet she managed to send me into one panic-attack after the other. I had told her about my panic-attacks yet I suspect she had no idea what that meant as she did her best to trigger them off. I won't go into detail here but when I told this dentist some of the stuff happening to me under her care he just rolled his eyes.

I really hope this works out *keeping fingers crossed*

nomorepanic
29-08-04, 14:16
What a great idea [^]

A dentist that hypnotises you in the chair - sounds good to me!!!

Let us know how it goes ok?

Nicola

silentcalligraph
29-08-04, 15:04
I will certainly do so. He's not doing full hypnosis, his point being that he wants to be able to fully communicate with the patient. Makes sense to me although going in there, being knocked out and leaving without any memories sounds tempting indeed!