PDA

View Full Version : Things getting me down

heths
04-01-07, 13:41
Last year I made progress and I was doing well but lately I've started to struggle more again.

I have a phobia of been sick and my nan and my dad both caught a bug, nan before Christmas and dad at the weekend. As I live with dad, I got terrified I would get it and the symtoms really scare me. It's affected my eating and made me more anxious. It's still in the back of my mind that I could get it as there was 10 days between nan and then dad getting it.

I was really hoping my therapy would help and I still hope it does. I'm having therapy for agoraphobia and they know about my other problems too, phobias, OCD.

Today my occupational therapist came to see me and we had chat. She also told me that we will have to prepare for an end point to the therapy. That she could see me having therapy for 10 years but that she isn't allowed to do that. There is a place for continued therapy for some other illnesses but not for problems like mine.

I know she has to prepare me that the therapy will have to come to an end, but it got me upset. I don't know how i'll cope, there is so many things I still can't do. I know when the time comes i'll just have to try do things on my own. It might be months before it comes to an end, it's just I found it hard for so long on my own with all this, and I just hope I can do it.

Heather x

belle
04-01-07, 13:56
Heather...
If only your father was sick in your house its VERY unlikely that it was a bug and as far as i'm aware bugs have an incubation period of no more than 5 days. You will NOT be ill now.
With regards to your therapy, can you not be refered to a CBT? I would go to the doctors (when this therapy stops) and tell them that you do still need help. I can't see why actually you couldn't have both kinds of help running together. I would get the ball rolling for more therapy now. I only know how long it takes...!!
Sarah

heths
04-01-07, 13:58
Thanks Sarah,

I have a lady I see at the clinic and she said it's CBT i'm having, I only have limited sessions with her too.

Heather x