PDA

View Full Version : I'm about 40% sure I'm having an aneurysm, can someone please tell me I'm not?

xofeatherxo
16-11-14, 18:52
Logically I know headaches associated with aneurysms tend to start very suddenly and are excruciatingly painful, but there's a part of me that's still not convinced.

Thursday night I went to the ER with food stuck low in my esophagus. Before going to the ER I tried vomiting at home for a few hours, and spent a total of 6 hours in the ER trying to vomit. So Friday night I spent a total of ~8 hours vomiting. On top of that I was given muscle relaxers, some nausea/vomiting medicine, not sure what that was, and Valium, and the next morning I was anesthetized for the procedure to have the obstruction removed.

A lingering headache after that ordeal is understandable, right? It started when I went home Friday night, got worse Saturday, and then is mostly gone today, just a few twinges behind my eyes and at the top of my head.

I'm thinking it's either a tension headache (believe me I've been very tense since Thursday) or from puking my brains out and straining my neck, because I do feel it a little bit in my neck too. Could be from all the drugs as well. Still, part of me thinks I could have given myself an aneurysm or something. :scared15:

Fishmanpa
16-11-14, 19:01
Well you certainly went through an ordeal that was physically and mentally difficult for anyone. That however, is not a reason to think you have anything else sinister going on. And quite frankly, how you came up with a figure of 40%? Let's not even go there ;) Relax, you're sore. It will be better tomorrow and the next day and the day after.

So what was it they had to remove?

Positive thoughts

xofeatherxo
16-11-14, 19:10
Well you certainly went through an ordeal that was physically and mentally difficult for anyone. That however, is not a reason to think you have anything else sinister going on. And quite frankly, how you came up with a figure of 40%? Let's not even go there ;) Relax, you're sore. It will be better tomorrow and the next day and the day after.

So what was it they had to remove?

Positive thoughts

Should have added the disclaimer that I am not a statistician, 40% was totally fabricated ;)

And it was a piece of steak. My poor mother feels terrible, she keeps saying she knew her cooking would send someone to the emergency room someday lol. It's not her fault though, I have eosinophilic esophagitis, my esophagus gets inflamed and food sometimes just gets stuck (I have an appt with an allergist in 3 weeks to figure out why). It would have happened eventually, regardless of who did the cooking. It's happened before actually, just didn't take so long to get it out.

Thank you so much for replying. I know I should just relax but it can be so hard to tell my inner monologue to shut up :)