PDA

View Full Version : Someone please help.

psychadelic-brie
16-11-14, 19:12
I am so sorry to be posting again but I am desperate for some reassuring words. I don't know what's wrong with me but today, this afternoon in fact, I feel so close to having a panic attack. My anxiety is sky high, I can't stop crying, can't breathe properly, feel sick and like I'm going to poop myself. My mum just came upstairs and gave me a hug and some reassuring words but suddenly I feel awful again now she's gone back downstairs. I'm 25, I can't rely on her all the time. I can't rely on anyone, myself included. I just want it to stop. I've been doing so well but now I feel like I will feel this anxious and panicky forever and that makes me feel like I can't go on. Please someone help if you can. Although I know that only I can make the change.

lily1
16-11-14, 19:26
Hi,

I suffered badly from this in my early 20's. Have you been under any stress recently?

Have you tried rescue remedy? I find it works for me.

I found that distraction works, put on a film you love or tidy your room etc.xx

Sunflower2
16-11-14, 19:37
I'm 22 so I understand your frustration of feeling you're relying on your parents too much because you can't cope by yourself. Are you currently getting any help in controlling your anxiety?
I think the best thing for you to do tonight is distract yourself. Anything at all to take your mind away from your anxiety. Try something that challenges your mind as well to make it work on something.
I find also making a list of what you're currently unhappy with and a plan on how you're going to combat it. Just take one step at a time!

Pinguanxious
16-11-14, 22:03
I understand, I'm 24 and several times mum or dad has had to come to my house at silly o clock in the morning to calm me down. Have you been to the doctor about this?
Do you know what your triggers are. Keep calm it will get better, you will have better days I can promise you

psychadelic-brie
17-11-14, 17:38
It would appear that I was feeling so bad because I actually forgot to take my medication in the morning. I took it as soon as I remembered in the evening but that does seem to be why I felt so bad. It was different from normal anxiety. I felt very ill. The withdrawal made me go a bit potty, sorry about that everyone! But today I feel a fair bit better. Bit shaken still but I'm okay.