PDA

View Full Version : January blues...........

LickeyEndBlues
04-01-07, 14:37
......like many of you these have really caught up with me!! Things are begining to settle back down after Crimbo and NY stuff, but I really feel I'm struggling with stuff. That is made worse by the fact that the family are back into routine with work and school and that is adding guilt onto how I feel.

I know this is an expected result of "pretending" over the last few weeks and by writing this here I'm hoping that I will be able to see through it. However nothing sems to be working at the moment. I dont see the doc or the trick cyclist again for a couple of weeks and wonder if I will make it without contacting them.

Guilt stops me talking with Shani about it as she looks really knackered as well but she is up and out at 7am and I am still in bed hours later!! Hopefully by the weekend I will have a routine back and some energy to deal with stuff!!

I think I need a target for the next few weeks and something to look forward to!!

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

manmoor
04-01-07, 14:58
(((((((((((((((BIG HUGS FROM MY PLANET)))))))))))))))))

Take Care

Mandyxx

domino
04-01-07, 15:13
Hi, it,s the same every year , all the excitment ,etc. Things will improve for you i,m sure, my house seems so empty at the moment, hubby back at work, daughter back at uni, my other daughter still lives at home , when she,s not working, she,s out with friends, dark nights, sorry to go on,i,m setting myself targets, hopfully i will acheive them, starting with, losing some weight,getting rid of stuff that i have been saying i will do for forever,be happy, be thankfull for what i have, in other words, start a fresh. Each day is a new day ,yesterday will never come again.

Granny Primark
04-01-07, 16:35
Hi iain,
I detest January and have done for years. Its the big anti climax after xmas, the dark nights, the thought that weve got bad weather lurking on the horizon and also the bills that come in this month.
i cant wait for March, light nights, walks down the nature reserve with my hubby to feed the ducks, seeing the daffodils come up in my garden. Itl be here before i know it.

Take care
LYNN xx

vix100
04-01-07, 17:06
I hate to wish time away but i have to agree with Lynn, i just can't wait for March and the lighter mornings/nights, leaves on the trees, dawn chorus early in the morning (love that). January and February really are grotty months in many ways and hopefully you will start to feel a bit brighter and more positive soon. Vix x

pips
04-01-07, 20:13
Hi Iain,

I know how you feel I'm feeling pretty low at the mo to [Sigh...]and trying to muster up enthusiasm for stuff tis hard. [|)]

As you say try to find something to look forward to and work towards that if you can.

Take Care and Good Luck:)

Love Pip's X

Pippa.

Coni
05-01-07, 07:53
Hi iain,

this is a horrible time of year. I feel really rotten just now too. Work is a real struggle...the dark nights and mornings really get me down and spring seems such a long time away. Im supposed to be going away for an overnight at the beginning of february with my husband and some friends but I cant even summon any enthusiasm for that!

my husband tells me that in the next few weeks we'll start to see a real difference in the amount of daylight hours (up here in Scotland its starting to get dark about 4pm just now) so maybe spring will be here before we know it.

Actaully now I think about it my friend has the first shoots from some spring bulbs starting to peek through the soil in her garden already, though I suspect thats a bit freaky due to the weird weather we've been having lol!

take care

Coni x

Insomniac
05-01-07, 11:39
Hi Iain.

As you say yourself so many of us here are feeling this. I do count myself lucky to be well enough to work as I find the holiday worse with lack of routines. Also if our money worries have been worse than ever, but at least we know now we will continue to have a roof over our heads.

Getting out is hard, but the less you go out the harder it gets. I am sitting here building up to going to the bank. I get fed up indoors, but finding the motivation to get out is difficult. I can cope with the anxiety I get going out. My anxiety is worst at night, my nerves are buzzing and even with relaxation tapes its hard to get any sleep. So roll on Spring. Some bulbs are peeping out in a flower pot in my garden. And I still get pleasure from the hungry birds visiting our garden.

Set yourself a small target. Maybe walking alone in the part is difficult right now. Does anyone have a dog you could borrow to go for a walk? Maybe you could go with them, as I do with my sister sometimes just to get out. Her dog doesn't go far but at least its a change of view.

Hope you feel better soon. The nights are getting shorter already, a sign Spring is on the way. [^]

Lisa.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

LickeyEndBlues
05-01-07, 14:23
Cheers folks, I know I'm not alone with the January Blues...I am trying to restrict them to one month though as Feb is a short one!!

I started back on my college course last night and guess what the lecturer was unwell so we finished early, however a few of us went for a beer and that felt really good. They are planning a social for Feb as we all said about having something other than course work to look forward to was a great idea!!

We here are using this weekend to get our breath back after Crimbo so hopefully a walk might be in the offing!! I have also made a point of trying to get in touch with some friends I havent seen in ages.

Somewhere in this darkness there is a light shining, I am sure I will see it shortly!!

<center>{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs to you all}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}</center>

Take care

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

kazzie
06-01-07, 00:48
Hi Lickey

Things to look forward too????? two words!!!!

NORTH BOARHUNT!!!

luv kaz x x x :D:D:D