PDA

View Full Version : Blood In Saliva. Serious?

worriednow22
16-11-14, 20:06
Hi,

So basically this has happened to me 2 times now within the last say 2 months. I drank two glasses of wine, 1 beer and 1 shot. The next morning, I spit in the sink and I have blood in my spit. First, it's a rusty color then if I keep spitting it's bright red. Goes away within 1 minute. But later that same day, it happened again.

This happened to me a few months ago the morning after drinking too. The thing is, it's been 3 days since drinking and I have not seen blood since. But I know if I drank, it will come back most likely.

Now what could this be? The internet is full of all sorts of things it could be. I have drank tons more and never had this happen. I wanted to boil it down to dehydration or sinuses. But how come this never happened before? I have been having rib pain too and a irrittated throat off and on the last few months, plus a dry cough that will not totally clear up.

But right now, no blood in spit. In fact, I don't think it will happen again until I drink. What do you guys think? It's not a huge amount, just streaked or rusty colored spit with some red in it. Obviously, this could be serious I know. But I am running fine and all when I exercise.

eeesh
16-11-14, 21:17
The alcohol could be irritating your gums.

Likely as simple as that.

My gums can bleed after eating pineapple lol. Alcohol is far more abrasive.

Fishmanpa
16-11-14, 21:49
Alcohol and anxiety don't mix! Don't want your gums to bleed? Don't want to worry about your gums bleeding? DON'T DRINK!

Positive thoughts

CleverLittleViper
17-11-14, 00:03
It's probably from bleeding gums. Perhaps the alcohol is irritating them? Or maybe you scratched them and don't remember?