PDA

View Full Version : Leukaemia worries

paranoidjh
16-11-14, 20:16
I am beside myself with worry. Have lightheadedness due to probable sinus problem but have managed to convince myself today that it is leukaemia. This is based on the cough I have which is also due to the catarrh in my throat. I have checked with Dr Google and I have no other symptoms. I am at a loss what to do as my HA has totally taken over. I want to go back to the doctors and demand a blood test but know I cant. Please help I'm desprrate.

chickpea
16-11-14, 20:24
Your cough is probably down to post nasal drip, connected to your ear issues...which in turn is causing the light headedness.
Anxiety will make the light headedness worse.
Try to stay focused on your osteopath appointment on Wednesday. You've seen your GP, who has told you what is causing this and the osteopath will help to resolve it.
Stay away from Google, unless you want to feel a lot worse tonight.

paranoidjh
16-11-14, 21:15
Thanks chickpea. I hate it, it's totally getting me down at the moment. You are right. A bit of I'm a celebrity and a hot bath awaits me. Thanks again.

chickpea
16-11-14, 21:54
It's so easy to get sucked deeper and deeper into a spiral of panic, isn't it?
The thing I've realised is that we can toe ourselves up in knots, trying to find an answer to our questions, when it's not in our powers.

Far better to switch off the computer and get lost in a tv programme, as you said.:yesyes:

dac0273
16-11-14, 22:40
Hi all
Yes I've just had a bad headache at bottom and back of head , straight away I though annyeurism or stroke did my blood pressure and it was 149/90 oh god panic stations , I have been working on computer all night , could it be a tension headache ? I need to relax

paranoidjh
16-11-14, 22:50
Sounds very much like a tension headache. I can rationalise your problem - why can't I with my own. Hope your headache eases.

bluetopazgirl
16-11-14, 23:04
hi, my father died of lukeamia and what you describe he didn't have. Please do not google, its our own worst enemy. Hope your feeling better soon x

paranoidjh
17-11-14, 09:38
Thanks for your reply, I have woken with headache this morning, probably all to do with my sinuses. I have to get a grip there are people in this world with far worse problems than me. I managed to go for a run last night too which helps clear the mind a little bit. I hate health anxiety - at the moment it is taking over my entire life. I love Christmas and at the moment cannot even think about it.

chickpea
17-11-14, 09:47
Headaches are a very common symptom of sinus and posture problems.
Ditto anxiety.
Can you shift your focus to Christmas? Your HA will fade if you can.x

paranoidjh
17-11-14, 10:06
I am trying, just don't like feeling like this. I know you are right, I do think anxiety is the biggest problem with me. I know I can't demand a blood test and if my GP thought I needed one they would send me. If I did have one and it came back clear I wouldn't believe it because that is how my mind works. Thank you for putting up with me, it helps knowing that there are other people that are feeling as bad and manic as me.:yesyes:

Magic
17-11-14, 14:25
My father had leukaemia too and he did not have the symptoms you describe xx

paranoidjh
17-11-14, 16:07
Thanks for that. I would ask what symptoms he had but I would probably think I had a couple of them. Everyone is different too. Logically I know mine is sinus problems but can't help worrying.