PDA

View Full Version : chest pains

katie92
16-11-14, 20:47
I've got chest infection but I'm really worried I've just had a fag and I feel like I can't breath and sonet feels like some1,sat on my chest will somey bad happen to me :(

Sam100322
16-11-14, 20:57
You've got a chest infection and your smoking? Of corse it's going to make it 10 times worse. Advice give it up!

Fishmanpa
16-11-14, 21:01
Why in the (*&^# are you smoking with a chest infection let alone smoking at all!!?? How about this advice:

QUIT SMOKING!!

I smoked. I got CANCER because of it.

Positive thoughts

mnaha
17-11-14, 07:42
Fishpa, .....with lung cancer ...kind of late to give up smoking don't you think? Im not sure why someone won't try to comfort the person instead of bringing them down with the anti smoking stuff...geez...im sure she can go to any any site and it says to stop smoking ...can someone say something nice ...like maybe its just because you have a chest cold and maybe you shouldn't smoke while you have it...God!!!

Fishmanpa
17-11-14, 13:21
Fishpa, .....with lung cancer ...kind of late to give up smoking don't you think? Im not sure why someone won't try to comfort the person instead of bringing them down with the anti smoking stuff...geez...im sure she can go to any any site and it says to stop smoking ...can someone say something nice ...like maybe its just because you have a chest cold and maybe you shouldn't smoke while you have it...God!!!

Anxiety is a bitch of an illness. HA is debilitating in many cases. I've seen enough on the boards to realize that it's as deadly as any of the diseases people fear. The difference is one can bury you under ground, the other does that above ground.

Granted, some people smoke their entire lives and never get sick but don't pull that argument on me. The vast majority end up with smoking related illnesses later in life. And NO, giving up smoking even when diagnosed with lung cancer (or H&N cancer in my case) is not too late and can save your life! In my case, if I continued to smoke, it would virtually reduce the risk on my survival tenfold. Why in world would anyone take that risk is beyond me but obviously people do. I know of one woman on the cancer boards who continued to smoke after her first battle with H&N cancer and they ended up having to remove her larynx. She now breathes through a stoma and takes all her nutrition by a tube. All because of smoking.

Smoking, drinking, illegal drugs, bad eating habits etc., account for many of the diseases people fear on the boards yet I constantly see posts like this or someone freaking out because they're hung over from the night before or fearing heart disease, but they smoke, are overweight, eat poorly and live a sedentary lifestyle.

Yes, I realize the board is for support and I'm sorry if you find my post not PC or supportive enough but I won't support a behavior that is detrimental to one's physical and mental well being. It's a two way street. I could refrain from posting and/or use some sugar with the medicine OR one could think twice before contradicting their fear with an illogical behavior in the same post.

Positive thoughts

Sam100322
17-11-14, 14:06
Totally agree with you fish. Giving someone advice about giving up smoking is a nice thing to say mnaha it's not bringing anyone down its common sense. Calm down

mnaha
18-11-14, 01:47
Sorry to anyone I offended,,,I started smoking when I was a very young man when it was ok to smoke.I have smoked all these years and now there are so many restrictions about smoking and every disease says not to smoke even for a broken foot or anything..and people are so offensive to people that are smokers..I guess I wear my feelings on my sleeve and for that I apologize. I hope I did not offend anyone and please forgive my outburst .With all the bad things being said to smokers and about smoking ...its kind of offensive to me..but I have been smoking such a long time..I do need to quit and probably will but still it hurts in some silly way to hear negative things about smoking and smokers..But once again that is something I need to deal with or move to another planet..lol...but once again my apologies to everyone.

katie92
22-11-14, 20:01
Thankyou but doctors told me not quit while having bad axnitey said it can make it worse and to be honest I can't handle anymore anxitey

AlexandriaUK
22-11-14, 23:42
Sorry your having a bad time with your anxiety, not easy knowing how to cope, are you on antibiotics for chest?