PDA

View Full Version : appearing nomal

andy01
04-01-07, 16:14
hi im andy,
im new here but thought id try to get some advice from people who understand.
i am 37 and single, i have had panic attacks for about 3 yrs, i have a son of 9 who has no idea but football matches, parents evenings childrens parties are a real problem because i have to go. I avoid things like shopping, crowds ect but life has to appear normal for my son and this is so hard and frightening at times

feels_like_home
04-01-07, 16:22
Hi Andy,
I know what it is like to have to appear normal. You have come to the right place. You will receive lots of support here.
Take care,
Michelle

hopeandstrength
04-01-07, 16:38
Hey Andy,

You will find a lot of friendly, helpful people here that can give you advice and help. It is tough, but try, like I do, to take some comfort in the fact that there are other people who feel just like you do and that you are most definatley not alone :)

Granny Primark
04-01-07, 16:49
Hi Andy and welcome.
I really understand what you say about appearing normal.
Ive been an anxious person all my life and became the worlds greatest actress at hiding it, however when i started suffering with panic attacks 18 months ago some of my friends avoided me like id got the plague.
Coming on this site and just knowing that there are other people who are going through similar things to me has helped me enormously.
I hope you get great comfort from that along with the help advice and support youl get from the members of this site.

Take care
LYNN xx

manmoor
04-01-07, 17:42
Hi Andy,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

chucklehound
04-01-07, 17:43
Hi and welcome to NMP

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

mynameis
04-01-07, 17:47
Hi Andy & welcome to this great site.

You'll probably find through other posts how people have coped with their problem. I seem to suffer from apathy in everything I do at the moment, but every time I do feel sorry for myself & think about not doing anything / going anywhere, I force myself to go through with it. 9/10, I wonder what I was worrying about ! Probably easier said than done for some people, but realising you're not alone in this position was of some comfort to me. I hope you get better soon anyway Andy, it would be a shame if you missed out on some of your son's achievements & good times.

ceecee
04-01-07, 17:54
hi andy
welcome to the forum
yeah know where you are coming from with the trying to act normal!i have 2 children and so desperatley don,t want them to grow up surrounded by anxiety!
take care you,ll get lots of advice here
rach x

sandlin
04-01-07, 17:58
Welcome Andy

Know what you mean about kids. I also have a 9 yr old and hate it when he sees me panic but thats how it is.

Linda xx

domino
04-01-07, 18:32
Hi andy, welcome. I to suffer like you , but you know what you are not alone ,It,s hard i know, but try and be yourself, would it help to try and explain to your son that sometimes you find it difficult to attend football matches, parents evenings,he may surprise you and be of some surport to you. have you mentioned how your feeling to family members?.Ito avoid things that involves crowds, but i,m getting better,you will too, your son will sence that something is wrongif you continue this way, give it a go and have a chat with him, what have got to lose?. think of all the fun you will have at these events, instead of dreading them. best wishes, lorraine.

fisher
04-01-07, 18:38
hi andy my names joanne and i have got an 11yr old boy and i suffer from anxiety and i do panic, my worst fear is my heart going fast, i hate school assemblys, or somewere you feel you cant just escape quick without looking stupid, my friend said before did i want to go on holiday with her and her friends in may and i am scared to go because i know for a fact i will get anxiety while i was there, its horrible, if you need to talk just send me an email good luck x

nomorepanic
04-01-07, 19:02
Hi Andy

Just wanted to welcome you aboard. Lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

honeybee3939
04-01-07, 19:31
Hi Andy

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way.:D

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"