PDA

View Full Version : What am I entitled to?

jennielouises
17-11-14, 14:42
I am suffering with severe depression and anxiety. I need to take some time off work. I only get statutory sick pay and that won't cover my mortgage. What am I supposed to do? There doesn't seem to be any additional help out there for me. I really need this time off and it's got me in tears

nomorepanic
17-11-14, 14:58
Do you live with a partner or alone?

Moley
17-11-14, 15:01
Hi Jennielouises.

I am in a similar position to you had to take time off sick and only get ssp. I have applied for housing benefit and council tax reduction but as I pay rent rather than a mortgage not sure whether these would apply to you.

does your council have any sort information place?
you could also go to citizens advice or look to see if there are any charities near you that help with benefit checks. I know that in a borough near me there is a charity called can do disability that offer this service.
otherwise have a look at the benefit calculators on the gov website.

hope this helps and you find some support.

jennielouises
17-11-14, 15:19
I live with my hubby. His money won't cover the mortgage but they don't seem to care about that. The benefits calculators on the gov website said I get nothing! NOTHING!!!

Was sat on the phone to citzens advice for ages and was then told I was 13 in the queue so hung up

I have a feeling you can only get rent paid for, not a mortgage.

Just spoke to mind and they have put me in touch with a company called Turn To Us. Think I looked at their website and it said NOTHING as well!!

MyNameIsTerry
18-11-14, 07:43
Did you use their online calculator?

Is there any clause in your mortgage covering this or payment protection?