PDA

View Full Version : About Me

dale_c
17-11-14, 16:52
Hi,

I've suffered from OCD and general anxiety since I was probably about 3. Certainly most of my childhood was taken up with worrying rather than enjoying myself. It took many years to get a proper diagnosis but finally just over 10 years ago it happened. I finally met the right doctor who put me on 60mg's of fluoxetine which changed my life. My OCD was finally under control and all the silly thoughts and worries went away.

This year however I've been under loads of stress. My Dad is very ill with prostate cancer, my kids are becoming very good at being teenagers and so my wife is stressed out with them. Then the other day I discovered my work was under going a major restructuring with possible redundancies. This was the straw that broke the camels back.

Realising I needed help to cope I went back to my doctor who has now prescribed 500mg's of clonazepam and signed me off work for 2 weeks. I am about half way through the weeks worth he's given me but don't feel any better. A slight edge has been taken off the anxiety and tense I was feeling but this has been replaced by a depression and lack of interest in anything.

I was really hoping the clonazepam would make a difference and I know it's still fairly early days but I wondered if anyone else had experience of this drug and how they found it?

KK77
17-11-14, 19:40
Hi Dale and welcome to NMP.

Do you mean 0.5mg clonazepam? Are you still taking 60mg fluoxetine? Benzos do have a habit of replacing anxiety with depression so I would suggest going back to your GP and getting referral to see a psychiatrist who can treat you properly.

Very sorry to hear about your dad and hope he makes a good recovery.

venusbluejeans
18-11-14, 21:37
Hiya and welcome to NMP:welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: