PDA

View Full Version : Docs appointment

bluesdevil
17-11-14, 22:07
Hello

I have a docs appointment on Wednesday morning and I've loads I need to get off my chest and while I hope to get some anxiety help in the form of cbt... I'd also to get across , my fear of "keeling over" and sudden departure with the aim of getting some tests.

The thing is...if I fire right into my anxieties is he not just going to deal with that and put my other concerns down to this?

I just know I can't not have some tests to put my mind at ease

Frankie123
17-11-14, 23:51
I think you have to be completely honest with him. Tell him exactly how you feel and what your anxieties are. Explain that the only way you are going to feel reassured is to have some tests. Most doctors understand this and will order basic blood tests. You didn't say whether you have any specific symptoms but, if you do, then make sure you tell him about them.

bluesdevil
18-11-14, 07:19
Hey

I can actually see the doc today as he's my work gp...I think I might have to as I only slept 3 hours again last night

I feel utterly rotten.

Another google session looking at sads and such like has, again, left me sitting here cold ... Sick and sweating. I'm dragging my wife down with this too

Every thing I do I think the worst.:emot-crying: