PDA

View Full Version : Short Of Breath During Sex?

worriednow22
18-11-14, 02:06
Sorry to post another concern. Just been noticing the last few weeks that when I masturbate that I have trouble breathing most of the times.

Like, I'm not sure how abnormal this is. But I gotta stop and catch my breath sometimes. The weird thing is I can run fine without losing my breath, nothing has changed there.

It's almost like when I feel my sexual energy building up that's when my breath starts to get short. It happens right before climax...during climax I can breathe ok it seems. Afterwards im fine too. It's the moments before climax. I know I have not experienced this before, it has been bothering me and I figured it would pass.

I looked it up and it seems we hold our breath before orgasm. But this is like my heartbeat speeding up quick and I feel short on breath. Anyone ever had anything like this happen? I just hope all my health worries are not connected somehow.

---------- Post added at 02:06 ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 ----------

I also forgot to mention that when I got short of breath I almost climaxed, but instead it didnt come out even though it started. Well, went up but only a little came out of my penis. It was like fire and hot, burning pre cum. Then I finished and it felt normal. Sorry for being so graphic, but I know the burning discharge could not be normal. Maybe I had too much coffee? Anyways I am wondering if this is connected to my shortness of breath.

Catherine S
18-11-14, 02:20
The surprising thing is that you say this has never happened previously, which must have been the calmest climaxes ever! What you are describing now is entirely normal, your heart will pump stronger, your breathing will become shallower...which feels like you're not getting enough air...and your adrenalin will be charging around your system affecting practically every part of it. Thing is, if you're with somebody when you climax you won't notice all of this too much because you'll be focusing more on the pleasure. Do it alone and you'll focus more on the nervous system. Everything you describe is normal.

ISB

worriednow22
18-11-14, 03:19
Thanks ISB. I understand what you are saying but I feel like this isn't what ive experienced before when masturbating. I suppose it could sound normal, but im pretty sure it's not normal for me. I hope it's something that will pass. I feel like my desire is down too, maybe that is part of my problem. I gotta work harder to get anything going haha. Whatever it is, im kidding myself if I say its normal for me. Because I know it's not deep down.

Catherine S
18-11-14, 04:28
Ahhh, so the clue is in the fact that you have to work harder to achieve what you had before? That would account for maybe extra anxiety about it, which would result in your breathing problem. What you have to remember is that anxious people don't use all of their lung capacity when breathing, which is why you see posts about not being able to breathe properly....shallow breathing in other words. Stop thinking too deeply about it in relation to self-stimulation if you can...just go with it because its normal even if you're finding it new for you :)

ISB x

MyNameIsTerry
18-11-14, 08:12
When we are anxious, we become hyper sensitive to physical symptoms. You say that you run but do you sprint? Reaching climax is like changing from a jog to a sprint so you could just be noticing this more now due to underlying anxiety. I know I avoided sex due to all this but over time you start to retrain yourself as to what is normal and what is truly anxiety.

The burning issue, I would just keep an eye on. That happens sometimes we we urinate and it can happen if we overstimulate because if you do it long enough, it can cause too much blood to pool in the pelvic region and it can become unpleasant. This is nothing to worry about, its the bodies doing and it undoes it by pumping the blood back away, its just saying you are overdoing it so please finish quickly or stop. This build up is something I have heard from stop-starting which over too long can cause this.

If it keeps happening with the burning sensation, ask a GP about it as a just incase but based on what you've said, it could equally be due to overstimulation. The breathing issue is common and normal. If you really did have a respiratory issue, you would experience it when running.

luc
18-11-14, 08:31
I am waiting for

"This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem". To where I do not know :whistles:.