PDA

View Full Version : Hi All, I've finally accepted it

Everlong33
18-11-14, 10:16
Hi Everyone,

I'm not exactly new on here as I've been a member for quite a while but wanted to introduce myself again as I finally feel that I have accepted that I need some help with my Anxiety.

I've been suffering for so long that I've got into the bad habit of just putting up with it. I now realise that I can't do that anymore and I hate feeling so anxious all the time. It stops me from doing the things that I want to do and I don't like the person that I am because of it.

I'm 37 years old and I have suffered with panic attacks on and off since I was about 8 years old. It started then as a result of my mum who also suffered panic attacks at that time. She had lots of counselling and she has been fine ever since, but it seems to have lingered in me. It didn't help that my first marriage was abusive (more mental than physical) but in some ways for a person who is anxious anyway, that's worse. I believe he saw that weakness in me and played on it. I did get out in the end and I am in a loving marriage now but effects of the first marriage do still rear their ugly head from time to time.

I have had periods in the past where I had my panic attacks under control and felt great. I have had counselling in the past which helped for a while but if I'm honest I didn't really open up as much as i should have done and now i feel back to square one again. I always find it difficult to open up about my feelings. I get very embarrassed and feel stupid.

I've been feeling really anxious and have had some panic attacks these last few months and it's just kind of hit me this morning. I was on my way to work and I just started to cry because I don't want to feel like this anymore and I know that I need help again. I just feel a failure because I'm having to ask for help again. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow.

I'm sorry I have gone on so long, I just wanted to explain why I'm on here and I'm just so thankful that this site exists.

Thank you for reading.

Annie0904
18-11-14, 18:39
Hi welcome to NMP. Don't ever think of yourself as a failure for seeking support..that shows strength and courage :)

venusbluejeans
18-11-14, 21:32
Hiya and welcome again to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Carnation
18-11-14, 21:43
Hi Everlong 33. You go on for as long as you want. :)
Remember the many years of trauma and sadness, it will take a while to get out of your system. Add the daily stresses of Life, puts my strain on our Body and Mind, that's why it is important to take time out for yourself. :)