PDA

View Full Version : Thought I was ok..stupid moles!

firecracker777
18-11-14, 16:06
I recently had some mole fears so I had an appt with the dermatologist and she said everything was fine. I also made one for my husband since he spends enough time in the sun and has several moles. His appointment isnt until January but he has one mole on his back that is much much darker than the others and I would say it is kind of asymmetrical. It's that bi, maybe 1/8 of an inch? Now I am so worried he has melanoma and I never really noticed these size or shape of it before so I cant tell if it has changed or is changing.

Im hoping maybe it is just an atypical mole and nothing more. Does anyone else have moles darker than the rest?

Ish127
16-12-14, 22:33
My wife and I have had many irregular, odd-shaped, weird moles removed. They have either been benign, or slightly atypical. Now slightly atypical may sound scary, but the VAST majority of atypical moles never turn into anything bad. They just, are. Crusting, bleeding, or changing are things you should look for... not just the fact that they are large and dark. Either way, worrying about it won't make it go away or solve anything. You are doing the right thing by getting them checked out. After this both you and him can be more careful about sun exposure.

Hypo
17-12-14, 16:32
I have a black one.

I have had it checked loads of time, every GP says it is fine.

I am still worried about it even though it hasn;t changed but he said dark ones, even black can be normal as long as they don't change and the borders etc are fine. It's the black black you need to be concerned about that have changed colour etc.