PDA

View Full Version : Lymph Node just below ear?

ShaunRyder
19-11-14, 15:09
Hi guys, been so good recently not been worrying for about a month now until last night, was picking a spot near my ear and started to feel a 'lump', it is just below my ear on my neck, otherside also feels bumpy but the right side feels slightly more raised, my family said they can't really feel anything but i am sure i can!

Could you be a swollen lymph nodes or is there something you can always feel just below your ears? Sorry its hard to explain, just really really worried!

bingjam
19-11-14, 16:25
I've got one in the exact same place on both sides... They've been there for as long as I can remember

The only reason I fount them is from my poking and prodding stage

Otherwise I would have never known they were there

Mindknot
19-11-14, 16:50
Ooh, think these are the same as mine (they have been bothering me for a while), same place both sides, right one is larger than the left.... maybe they are just normal then...? I only noticed them when I was feeling a bit run down though, so I assumed they were nodes too at first, but have never been entirely sure, could be muscular or something :blush:

ShortyW84
19-11-14, 20:34
If u have a spot in ur ear it could be the gland swill end trying to fight it try not to worry about it! I today have found a new gland never knew existed a bit of dr google and I think it's up due to my chesty coughs! Sure it will vanish soon try not to worry xx

eeesh
19-11-14, 21:29
Enlarged lymph nodes are incredibly common.

For God's sake don't Google it though! Sent me into a frenzy over mine!

7 visits to the doctor in the span of 4 weeks! All said I was fine but still forced them to send me for a scan!

Forget about it is the best advice anyone can give you on this!

BeStrong
20-11-14, 12:16
Last year, while i was taking a shower i noticed two 'lumps' under my armpit near my ribcage. One was very small though. So after 2 weeks, i went to my doctor to see what he thought it could be. After some tests he just told me they were Lymph Nodes and that it was common in some people. I was told to wait a month to see if they would go away, otherwise i should come back for a new appointment. So after one month, the 'big' one had completely vanished, and the 'little' one was almost not there too. So i waited one more week and both were gone. Don't worry too much about it, and never, EVER, Google it. Google is what got me my Health Anxiety in the first place.

Hope you feel better soon. :)

ShaunRyder
21-11-14, 09:56
Thanks for the replies guys :)

One more question, when my head is straight and im looking forward I cannot feel this 'lump' its only when i put my head up I can feel it, if it was a gland/node wouldnt i be able too feel this all this time?

stars22
21-11-14, 15:17
Iv got 3 on the back of my neck that are out constantly if I bend or anything they stick out more if its only when your putting your head up its because your skins tight and making it more noticeable