PDA

View Full Version : How I be sure????

bingjam
19-11-14, 15:35
How can we e sure that a panic attack is actually a panic attack and nothing more??

I've had countless panic attacks but Everytime I hae one it terrifies me

I had hat I think was a panic attack about 40 mins ago but I'm sitting here now thinking 'what if it wasn't'

I feel like I'm just sitting here waiting for my heart to stop or this fullness in my head to make me pass out

---------- Post added at 15:35 ---------- Previous post was at 15:30 ----------

How can I be sure.... Not how I be sure

I was abit worried and didn't realise I headed it wrong

Canbud
19-11-14, 15:43
Panic attacks are hell on earth, I know. But--you've had countless numbers of them, and instead of thinking "what if it wasn't a panic attack", you should be saying to yourself, "I am fine--it's only a panic attack."

Heart attacks don't start with that crazy, racing, breathy, paralyzing fear response. It starts with a feeling of unwellness and pain/discomfort in the chest. My father had a heart attack a few weeks ago and was sitting calmly in his chair thinking he had the flu. We got him to the hospital, he was treated, and now he's home. He's 94 by the way.

bingjam
19-11-14, 15:51
I've tried to do that when I hae one it just hardly ever works or me

I alway think I'm either going to pass out or my hearts going to stop as I was in a situation where I couldn't just leave either which made me worse

Even though I've had them for years and years I still never grasp that it's just a panic attack it's always something worse,

Thanks for your reply

nomorepanic
19-11-14, 15:56
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

bingjam
19-11-14, 16:10
Ok no problem

Tha ks