PDA

View Full Version : Question for hyperventilators

JoeGomez17
19-11-14, 16:53
Hi All. I'm a chronic hyperventilator and also have health anxiety. Been great for a few months until yesterday.

Has anyone had these symptoms with hyperventilation/anxiety?

-Was driving, pressure in solar plexus area
-Arms got numb and felt like they were very heavy
-Was driving up a hill and started seeing flashes of lights / colors / halos / dark spots
-Got out of the car, forced myself to eat something (it had been many hours), and the feelings went away

Still a bit shaken up over it. It is also the first time I've had these symptoms at night, so I guess I may not be used to the visual distortions during the day versus the visual distortions at night.

What have your experiences been?

fedup36
21-11-14, 09:13
I get terrible symptoms when I drive.

I think what the issue is we tense up and the position our body is in it causes all weird tightness and heaviness.

I get purl,e and blue flashes when I drive at night as well as pain in my chest buti also get tingling and numbness in my chin and lips.. It's horrible :(

Your not alone...

HalfJack
21-11-14, 09:30
I don't drive but I often get inconsistencies in light when i hyperventilate.

JoeGomez17
21-11-14, 21:17
I get terrible symptoms when I drive.

I think what the issue is we tense up and the position our body is in it causes all weird tightness and heaviness.

I get purl,e and blue flashes when I drive at night as well as pain in my chest buti also get tingling and numbness in my chin and lips.. It's horrible :(

Your not alone...

Thank you for your response! I had purple / red / blue.

My colors looked like this (click on hqdefault.jpg attached image, trigger warning, colors!) but the zig zags were not as long.

From what I read its an 'occular migraine' brought on by something. In my case, probably slouching / clothes too tight in car / hypervenilating.

I try not to overthink things, but ever since then I'm worried that my eyesight isn't back to normal yet (although it seems like it, I just *feel* like its not)

Thanks again.

JoeGomez17
21-11-14, 21:20
I don't drive but I often get inconsistencies in light when i hyperventilate.

Thanks HalfJack. I too have found myself with inconsistencies in light when I'm anxious. Usually zig zag patterns, seeing lines (like heat coming off a car in waves, but dark), etc etc.

It feels good to know I'm not the only one with visual disturbances. I've always had them during the day, this was the first time at night - with the daylight savings time change here in the states I've been driving home in the dark more often.