PDA

View Full Version : Scared that the burn in my mouth will get infected

HopeI'mWrong:P
19-11-14, 21:49
Hello. Haven't been on here in long while, but HA's been quite high lately, and so I've managed to scared my self into obsessing about something new and wondered if anyone could please help me.

I have a burn in my mouth from eating hot food. It's on the roof of my mouth and gums, and is quite red and painful. I've also got a really sore throat at the minute. Ages ago (before I stopped Googling things!) I read that the bacteria the causes strep throat can become serious, even life-threatening, if it gets into a cut. Now I'm panicking in case I do have strep throat and the bacteria gets into my mouth burn.

I don't really know what I'm looking for people to say to me me here, I think just getting it out helps. But if anyone does have anything to add, it would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you

Sunflower2
19-11-14, 22:42
I burnt to top of my mouth and gums yesterday too! It's annoying that it takes ages to heal and you've got to be careful not to make it worse or it take even longer! I had a cheese toastie that was too hot.. My throat was a bit suspect too.. Probably also got a bit burnt. If it's hot enough to burn your mouth then it's hot enough to burn your throat! I'm not worried and neither should you be :)

HopeI'mWrong:P
04-12-14, 06:30
Hi Kimberely :) Sorry I didn't reply to your post on this, actually thought I had, which is weird? Lol. Thanks for your reply though :)