PDA

View Full Version : Worried about inhaling/touching Mr Muscle Drain cleaner

lorenza
19-11-14, 22:00
Today my boyfriend and me had to clear a blockage in our sinks so we poured a bottle of Mr Muscle drain cleaner down it (you're supposed to use half and our sink has two plugs so we used the whole bottle) It didn't seem to work at all after almost two hours so we decided to take the pipe underneath apart to see if we could find the blockage. We weren't anticipating the force of the flow and some of the water (with the drain cleaner in) splashed on us a bit.

I'm now panicking that either this is going to cause some big problem on our skin, or that the fumes from the cleaner are going to give us some kind of poisoning. Could someone reassure me please?

eeesh
19-11-14, 22:31
Today my boyfriend and me had to clear a blockage in our sinks so we poured a bottle of Mr Muscle drain cleaner down it (you're supposed to use half and our sink has two plugs so we used the whole bottle) It didn't seem to work at all after almost two hours so we decided to take the pipe underneath apart to see if we could find the blockage. We weren't anticipating the force of the flow and some of the water (with the drain cleaner in) splashed on us a bit.

I'm now panicking that either this is going to cause some big problem on our skin, or that the fumes from the cleaner are going to give us some kind of poisoning. Could someone reassure me please?

If it was thattoxic it would not be sold to every family for such non-chalant use. If you experienced no pain or discomfort upon physical contact with it then no damage done!