PDA

View Full Version : Need to wee all the time :(

Beckie4567
20-11-14, 10:27
I recently posted about needing to wee all the time I had a bladder infection and the weeing all the time seemed to carry on after things had settled down :( the doc gave me some medicine for overactive em irratable bladder which I thought were really helping but now it seems I'm back to square one :( I was starting to go every two hours instead of every one now I'm back to needing to go every hour I've and enough has anyone else had a irratble bladder after an infection I'm thinking the worse now :( x

jonjones
20-11-14, 10:35
Hi Beckie,

I am sure that this is because youre nervous sytem is tired. Your nervous system control the functioning of your bladder and bowels and when it is fatigued it is a little out of sync, so you feel the need to urinate or go to the toilet when anxious.

Its the same as when people are scared they lose the control of these bodily functions. Thats why people say ¨I was sh$%&ing it!!¨ Or ¨I nearly pi$%&d myself, I was so scared etc!¨ If something scary, stressful etc happened to them. The same process is at work here!

Do you find that your need to urinate is worse the more anxious you feel?

Jon

Mindknot
20-11-14, 10:39
Have not, but have you tried kegel exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor?

I would also suggest an experiment to see how long you can hold it before you absolutely need to go, perhaps it's a psychological thing that you go so often, are you worrying about accidents maybe after your infection? Do you have to go every hour in the night as well?

Perhaps also you are drinking more than you think, the bladder technically feels full at 300ml, but can stretch to contain 800ml, maybe track the volume of liquid you are drinking and see if that's likely causing the increased urination...

Lots of possible factors, you probably just need to retrain your bladder & mind a bit.

Beckie4567
20-11-14, 10:50
Thanks guys I don't drink enough in the day so it's not that :( I get up once thro the night to go it's just getting me down it's something serious :( x I don't think it's anxiety as there was an infection there to start with so that's must of been what trigged it :( x

Mindknot
20-11-14, 11:09
Remember physical stresses can also have an effect on your anxiety (i.e. the effect of having the infection perhaps) - and also you are definitely anxious because you are worrying about it being something serious.

Also, drink MORE water if you know you don't drink enough - get a 2 litre bottle and aim to drink it all during the day, having stuff flowing through it (something to do) will make your bladder healthier overall. Just give it a bit more time, and treat it as an overactive bladder - there are almost certainly exercises you can do to try and help that on top of the medication your doc gave you.

jonjones
20-11-14, 11:43
Do you find that it is worse the more anxious you feel, and better the less anxious you feel?

Jon

Beckie4567
20-11-14, 12:04
Prob worse wen I'm thinking bout it more but dunno thanks guys x

Beckie4567
20-11-14, 20:40
Bump

Carnation
20-11-14, 22:44
I know this will sound weird, but you will wee more frequent if you drink less. If you don't drink enough, your body needs to rid your liquid more quickly to cleanse. I think that you are not supposed to go longer than two hours without a drink, but obviously that does not include nighttime sleeping. Dehydration is also bad for Anxiety.
My problem is more getting caught short in times of Panic. :shrug:

Beckie4567
21-11-14, 07:09
Thanks carnation x