PDA

View Full Version : Black spots in stool

Chronos
20-11-14, 10:29
I've had fresh blood on my toilet paper for a while now, but after some investigating I'm almost certain that it's a fissure due to blood always coming from the same spot.

For the last two days I've had diarrhoea, and this morning I noticed that there was black spots on the toilet paper and in the toilet bowl. I'm normally really easy going, but when it comes to my health I get extremely anxious.

Obviously the big C is going through my mind and I'm wondering (hoping) that there could be a more benign reason for this. I think my doctor is sick of me contacting him.

I also have heartburn fairly often and I've been prescribed Omeprazole to protect my stomach from the fact that I use Naproxen a lot for my arthritis. (25 btw lol)

I feel like I'm losing my mind and there's nothing I can do for a few days because I have no way to get into the GP's office.

Pigeon
20-11-14, 12:03
Hi Chronos

It's highly unlikely to be anything sinister at your age. The black spots can be anything that's not been digested properly - herbs and spices, pips from fruit (particularly bananas), etc.

Hope you go on ok at doctors - and try not to worry

AlexandriaUK
20-11-14, 12:08
:hugs:Hi please try not to worry and I'm sure you are fed up hearing people saying this as well but 99% of the time its nothing to worry about, I have UC and Proctitis and mostly its from the Proctitis that I bleed and also get red and darker red blood but it looks loads when in the pan eeek.
If you are really concerned next time you need to go get a small clean jam jar, put some poo that's not been down the loo into it and drop it off at the Docs and tell them you want a FOB test done on it, if there is obviously blood in it you will be able to see it, visual things are much easier to take seriously by the medical profession, it may not be a pleasant procedure but will even maybe let you see what's going on and get it sorted.
Best of luck .

Chronos
20-11-14, 12:16
Thanks very much for the reassuring post. I get a little crazy when it comes to the thought of having a serious illness or whatever :blush:

I have to go to the doctors often anyway, and that means I over-analyse every symptom I have!

I saw your thread too, and I hope that you're feeling better, I know how awful bloating feels!

Again, thanks for the reply, sometimes it's reassuring just to have someone tell you it's ok!

edit: Thank you Alexandria, I will definitely consider doing that if it doesn't clear itself up! It's just a bit disconcerting because I don't normally get diarrhoea and I've had it for 2 days now D:

---------- Post added at 12:16 ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 ----------

Oh, one more thing... I'm really hungry today but due to having the runs, I'm assuming I should eat a bit more safely. What foods are safe to eat with a dodgy stomach?

Thanks again, sorry for being a pain!

chickpea
20-11-14, 13:48
The BRAT diet for diarrhoea - bananas, rice, apples, toast.