PDA

View Full Version : Ugly duckling mole

firecracker777
20-11-14, 16:11
My husband has a smaller very very dark mole (not sure if its dark brown or is black) on his back. Most of his other moles are a lighter brown. This one sticks out because it is super dark. I had him scheduled for a full body check (his first one ever and he is 30) in January but i just got a new appt to check this dark mole out the 2nd week in December.

What worries me is that it fits the ugly duckling signs. It is dark, irregular borders, looks like it may have some lighter brown at the edges and a dark center. Things that fit melanoma but also fit atypical moles. So what is worrying me is the whole ugly duckling thing. Are all ugly duckling moles melanoma? Or can they be benign?

And if this ugly ducking system is so good at pointing out melanoma, aren't atypical moles ones that looks just like melanoma? So wouldn't they also be ugly ducklings?

babylove08
21-11-14, 07:18
Hi:)

first of take a deep breath and relax

if you want to know any of those things go to the doctor and find out what the problem may be. no one can guess or diagnose something that they cannot see especially if they do not have a medical background .

go and find out by the doctor and see what you can do and whatever the result may be stick together but don't sit and worry yourself over this until you get a medical opinion.

take care and Godbless
babylove:)

Linatjong1981
21-11-14, 08:39
Sound like need to be check out

firecracker777
21-11-14, 14:12
He has an appointment in 3 weeks but we could probably get in sooner with a physicians assistant. Has anyone seen on of those rather than the doctor? I am not sure what a physicians assistant is and whether something this serious should be seen by them or not?