PDA

View Full Version : aaaand back to the heart..

John_Daryl
21-11-14, 09:39
Last night I had probably my worst episode of panic in a year. I thought I was going to die there and then. I felt a sort of acid reflux in my stomach come up to my chest and thought 'hmmm weird'. For some reason I just googled 'heart attack symptoms' and before you know it I was panicing with chest pressure, short brrath , pacing around and feeling like my heart was going to give in. I got in the shower and couldn't control myself still. Luckily my girlfriend was amazing with this (since I confined in her with my problems) and was an astonishing help. But I can't help but feel I should go to the doctors to rule out further problems?

---------- Post added at 09:39 ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 ----------

I wouldn't necessarily say I had any pains in my chest at all it was just extremely mild heart burn but the feeling was uncomfortable because it made me extremely tense

John_Daryl
21-12-14, 07:31
any ideas

sweetlover88
21-12-14, 07:46
Ive had the same thing bro like 5 weeks ago.

Started to have chest pain while looking up at some websites on computer and as soon as it got my attention, i started to freak and it wouldn't go away. Since I'm cardiophobia, the first thing that went through my mind was a heart attack. I really started to freakout and ended in the ER to get told i have nothing.

Do you think often about your heart health? are you an anxious person in general? if thats the case, what i suggest you is to lay down on bed, close your eyes and breathe calmly. I am more than sure that you are ok, specially given your age. Is there any history in your family of hd?

John_Daryl
23-12-14, 03:27
Grandad has angina. I skip from condition to condition really to be honest. One month brain tumours the next it will be a panic attack where I focus on my heart and I'll worry 100% that I'm having a heart attack. I had my mum ring an ambulance about 15 months ago for an episode I had and they told me it was just a panic attack. Its always hard to differentiate the two though.