PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal? Vision

noangeluk
21-11-14, 16:40
When I close and open my eyes it seems it is slower to react to focus. Is this normal? Im so worried i have a brain tumor

countrygirl
21-11-14, 17:20
I tried it and yes there is a time lag before your eyes focus properly so its probably totally normal but you have just noticed it for some reason.

Have you had an eye exam recently?? IF so then anything nasty would have been flagged up - high blood pressure, diabetes and even brain tumours that cause pressure in the brain.

If you haven't had an eye exam for a long time then go and get one, mention your fears and I am sure they can put your mind at rest.

noangeluk
21-11-14, 17:29
i definitely have high blood pressure. I got almost a year ago due to having a lot of eye floaters, im having issues with text and images moving from side to side when i look at them so im assuming its to do with eye strain maybe? and being hyper-aware.

thanks for your reply

CleverLittleViper
21-11-14, 17:48
Apparently, everyone gets eye floaters. Most people don't notice them, but people with anxiety are so hyper-aware of things that we do notice them. :blush:

Yes, I think its normal. Eye strain can certainly cause what you mention.

noangeluk
22-11-14, 00:48
it feels that my eyes are ever so slightly slow at focusing on certain points. and sometimes the text or image appears to shift to the right (not all the time tho) Bear in mind I do have alot of eye floaters but have learned to ignore them.

I'm just so worried that I have a brain tumor, but i would be much worse than this right?

venusbluejeans
22-11-14, 17:05
Please can you bump up your thread instead of making a new one?

The answer to the your other bit of the question on the thread i deleted is that it is completely normal for your pupil to expand and contract when you are focussing.... it is exactly what it is meant to do!

sophieunderscore
22-11-14, 17:47
You've been through this before with other symptoms and you know it is health anxiety, you need to take people's advice and deal with the anxiety as the constant reassurance obviously doesn't work.