PDA

View Full Version : Why do happy things trigger sadness?

SOBAY310
21-11-14, 18:09
I feel as if I'm really losing it. I seem to be getting past anxiety and panic, but I can't stay happy. I keep worrying about things that I shouldn't be and when I think of the best things in my life I get sad.

I have three young daughters and when I think of how much I love them I get sad. I picture my 5 month old's big toothless smile and I crumble inside. Are all these things anxiety related? It feels like I accomplish one thing and my mind gets worried and sad about the next. Do I love my kids and life so much that I get sad because one day it all ends? It's just mind numbing.

This weekend is my birthday and I picture my family being so happy for me and I already feel sad. Why?

If somebody can relate or kick me in the rear, perhaps that would help just a little. I'm just so down about not being able to enjoy everything this great life has for us.

Much love.

:bighug1:

aprilmoon
21-11-14, 19:21
Hi
It sounds like anxiety to me.
The way that you're looking at the " enormity of it all".
I do that.I think its normal and human.
The important thing is to try not to over think things,because it does you in.
Honestly.
Best wishes for your upcoming birthday :)

MrAndy
21-11-14, 20:47
It triggers anxiety because deep down you don't want to be sad,I get it quite a lot when I'm in a happy situation

SOBAY310
21-11-14, 20:55
Thanks for the replies. This whole thing is such a mind trip. I don't know where I'd be without this place. It's a struggle, but we pull through.