PDA

View Full Version : Unprotected Sex :(

Katie81
21-11-14, 19:33
I have really bad health anxiety, general anxiety and social anxiety.

Last night I saw a friend and after wine (which I don't normally drink and not good I know) we had sex, twice with protection but for a few seconds he was inside me without a condom on, and then later he was inside me for a few more seconds without a condom, he didn't cum inside me, but he did end up cumming slightly over my vagina later on, I had my hand there to try and stop it getting on me. I can't believe I was so stupid. I wiped it all off right away and got in the shower.

I am currently on day 2 or 3 of my period. And I have a partner which makes this even more upsetting, I can't believe I was so stupid.

Now I'm freaking out big time, I feel sick, panicing, have had a mild panic attack before and can't stop thinking about pregnancy and STIs :( I've been googling and getting more upset. With my anxiety problems I'd find it really really difficult to go to the walk in centre on my own and no one I could take. The doctors aren't open now until Monday. I don't know if I'm just panicing over nothing. I've currently just been moved up to 30mg on Citalopram as well and was doing quite well and this is all just knocking me back again now. I'm so scared. I'm never doing anything like this again or drinking again either.

CleverLittleViper
21-11-14, 19:48
Go to your pharmacist (they should be open on Saturday) and get the morning after pill, just to be sure.

You will be fine. No worries. I highly doubt you got anything from this encounter.

Katie81
21-11-14, 19:55
Thank you for your reply and reassurance. I'm just overly panicing at the moment.

Do you think that the morning after pill is necessary to be taken, I know it's better it's just it costs £26 for the Levonelle or £43 for the EllaOne. I don't have a job or any money really.

chickpea
21-11-14, 20:07
You're unlikely to get pregnant, given that you say you're on day 2 or 3 of your period - but if you're worried, better to be safe than sorry.

Moley
21-11-14, 20:44
I think some pharmacies do it for free so might be worth checking a few. plus if its an sti check that your after they wont do that until a week after the event.

debs71
21-11-14, 21:04
The likelihood that you are pregnant is slim to none....zero more or less, if he did not ejaculate inside you. There is such a thing as 'pre-cum', where a small amount of sperm containing fluid can come out prior to ejaculation, but again, even if that happened, the chances you are pregnant are slim to none.

You are also on your period. It is simply not feasible that you could fall pregant.

The most risky time is mid-cycle. That is when you are at you most fertile and ovulating. You have so much criteria to suggest that there is no way you could be pregnant, that you really should not dwell on that prospect.

As for STI's well yes, that is always a risk, unless you are in a stable, monogamous relationship and you are both knowingly clear, but again, you need not get in a state worrying. I know it is hard and scary to go to a walk-in clinic/GUM clinic, but they are really not a big deal to attend. I also suffer from anxiety, and I attended one a few years back, after I found out that the guy I was seeing was seeing MANY others too, so I totally get your fear and panic, but these clinics are there to help you and set your very worried mind at ease. I think the question we need to ask ourselves is, is it worse to attend a clinic than it is to be so anxious and tearful about what MIGHT be happening with our body?

When you look at it that way, it kind of puts things in perspective. You will feel way better when your mind is at rest.

Put the preggo thing out of your head!.......but do try to find the courage to attend the clinic. Incidentally, I was fine....no STD's at all, I trust me when I tell you that I had a fair bit to worry about there! I am sure you will be ok.x

eeesh
21-11-14, 21:33
I have really bad health anxiety, general anxiety and social anxiety.

Last night I saw a friend and after wine (which I don't normally drink and not good I know) we had sex, twice with protection but for a few seconds he was inside me without a condom on, and then later he was inside me for a few more seconds without a condom, he didn't cum inside me, but he did end up cumming slightly over my vagina later on, I had my hand there to try and stop it getting on me. I can't believe I was so stupid. I wiped it all off right away and got in the shower.

I am currently on day 2 or 3 of my period. And I have a partner which makes this even more upsetting, I can't believe I was so stupid.

Now I'm freaking out big time, I feel sick, panicing, have had a mild panic attack before and can't stop thinking about pregnancy and STIs :( I've been googling and getting more upset. With my anxiety problems I'd find it really really difficult to go to the walk in centre on my own and no one I could take. The doctors aren't open now until Monday. I don't know if I'm just panicing over nothing. I've currently just been moved up to 30mg on Citalopram as well and was doing quite well and this is all just knocking me back again now. I'm so scared. I'm never doing anything like this again or drinking again either.

You are more than likely fine in terms of health.

You should tell your partner though. If I were him I would want to know, and I'm pretty sure all the men on this forum would agree.

Katie81
22-11-14, 02:52
You're unlikely to get pregnant, given that you say you're on day 2 or 3 of your period - but if you're worried, better to be safe than sorry.

yeah my period started on Wednesday I checked my calendar and this all happened early hours of this morning. Thank you for that everyone is telling me pregnancy is unlikely which is comforting.

I think some pharmacies do it for free so might be worth checking a few. plus if its an sti check that your after they wont do that until a week after the event.

Thanks that's good to know about the STI time scale thing.

The likelihood that you are pregnant is slim to none....zero more or less, if he did not ejaculate inside you. There is such a thing as 'pre-cum', where a small amount of sperm containing fluid can come out prior to ejaculation, but again, even if that happened, the chances you are pregnant are slim to none.

You are also on your period. It is simply not feasible that you could fall pregant.

The most risky time is mid-cycle. That is when you are at you most fertile and ovulating. You have so much criteria to suggest that there is no way you could be pregnant, that you really should not dwell on that prospect.

As for STI's well yes, that is always a risk, unless you are in a stable, monogamous relationship and you are both knowingly clear, but again, you need not get in a state worrying. I know it is hard and scary to go to a walk-in clinic/GUM clinic, but they are really not a big deal to attend. I also suffer from anxiety, and I attended one a few years back, after I found out that the guy I was seeing was seeing MANY others too, so I totally get your fear and panic, but these clinics are there to help you and set your very worried mind at ease. I think the question we need to ask ourselves is, is it worse to attend a clinic than it is to be so anxious and tearful about what MIGHT be happening with our body?

When you look at it that way, it kind of puts things in perspective. You will feel way better when your mind is at rest.

Put the preggo thing out of your head!.......but do try to find the courage to attend the clinic. Incidentally, I was fine....no STD's at all, I trust me when I tell you that I had a fair bit to worry about there! I am sure you will be ok.x

Thank you so much for your reply, you really helped calm me down. I know about the pregnancy thing I was just getting all panicy for nothing probably. He didn't ejaculate inside me no and wasn't in there for that long without protection either. In my mind it was googling and reading that any sperm inside stay there for up to a week and if an egg is released it can happen. But I've read that most women don't ovulate until days after the end of their period.

And yes I came on my period Wednesday and this all happened early hours of this morning. It was the pregnancy thing that was worrying me the most, but you have made me feel better about that, don't know whether to bother walking all the way to the walk in centre tomorrow now 2 miles away just for nothing. I spoke to him on the phone before and he doesn't think there's anything to worry about either there. He also said that he's been tested when he broke up with his ex and that all came back fine. Now he's never lied to me before so should I just trust the facts that he's telling me. If it was just the STD thing I'd probably leave it until I went to my doctors next and mention it to her as that would be less scary for me than going to the walk in centre by myself. It was just the rush of the pregnancy thing that got me going most before and my googling which I shouldn't do and the fact that you have to get the pills soon after sex. But I know there's probably no issue there at all.

I will try and put the pregnant thing out of my mind and stop worrying about it. Thank you for your advice and I'm glad that you were all clear of STD's as well :) x

You are more than likely fine in terms of health.

You should tell your partner though. If I were him I would want to know, and I'm pretty sure all the men on this forum would agree.

In a moral way yes I agree he should know. He isn't well at the moment though so don't want to add any stress onto him. Me and him don't have a sexual relationship and haven't for many years so if it's the issue of no protection etc that one doesn't come into it with him and me sadly. And thank you for your input.

Katie81
24-11-14, 14:51
Well I can't take take the stress anymore and made an appointment at my doctors this morning, which is for this afternoon 15.50pm so am currently sitting here clock watching and stressing.

I've just been reading over and over all the comments and that I'll be fine all weekend and couldn't bring myself to go to the walk in centre alone, it's a far walk anyway and I hardly ever go out on my own anyway. But I can just about force myself to the doctors.

I feel very sick right now which I know is probably just stress, the fact I haven't eaten properly for a few days, that I've just had my dose of citalopram raised recently.

I'm going to ask about EllaOne and STD tests as well.

I'm never ever getting myself in this position again.