PDA

View Full Version : worries!!!

charm1234
21-11-14, 20:43
I'm wobbling big time!!! My mind is horrid, i had mri on my thighs for those lumps, it came back nothing, as I've had the 6mths not grown fast etc surgeon was confident they are benign, but now I've got lump in groin :( I'm feeling it ache, my stomach hurts and my pelvis :( my heads saying those lumps are cancer its spread :( i cant bare this :(

eeesh
21-11-14, 21:38
I'm wobbling big time!!! My mind is horrid, i had mri on my thighs for those lumps, it came back nothing, as I've had the 6mths not grown fast etc surgeon was confident they are benign, but now I've got lump in groin :( I'm feeling it ache, my stomach hurts and my pelvis :( my heads saying those lumps are cancer its spread :( i cant bare this :(

I've got nodes in my groin too, and they can really ache if they're irritated. DOn't touch them and leave them be, then they don't ache so much.

They press right up against my femoral artery, so when I exert myself the dilation of the vain presses against the node and this makes it ache as well.

If the docs say they're benign, and you have no other notable symptoms, it's benign. So calm down and forget about em. I know people who have had certain nodes enlarged all their life, only they couldn't care less and havent even told their doctors.

Fishmanpa
21-11-14, 21:55
The lymph nodes are the sewer system of your body and you have somewhere between 500-700 of them. At any given time they can swell from some "junk" in your body. From acne to dandruff to a pimple to even sore muscles. They're doing what they're supposed to be doing. Poking and prodding will keep them swollen and prevent them from healing and sometimes, you just have a shoddy node that never goes down. A swollen node doesn't always have to be sinister. In fact, 99.9% of the time it's not. If they're painful it's a good thing!

Nodes are one of the top 5 freak outs on the boards and of the thousands and thousands of node posts I've read not one has ever been sinister... not one...

Positive thoughts

eeesh
21-11-14, 21:56
The lymph nodes are the sewer system of your body and you have somewhere between 500-700 of them. At any given time they can swell from some "junk" in your body. From acne to dandruff to a pimple to even sore muscles. They're doing what they're supposed to be doing. Poking and prodding will keep them swollen and prevent them from healing and sometimes, you just have a shoddy node that never goes down. A swollen node doesn't always have to be sinister. In fact, 99.9% of the time it's not. If they're painful it's a good thing!

Nodes are one of the top 5 freak outs on the boards and of the thousands and thousands of node posts I've read not one has ever been sinister... not one...

Positive thoughts

Sore muscles? Is that right, Fishmanpa? I bodybuild you see, and the nodes in my groin came up after heavy squatting. I'm not going to google it, because that will just restart that silly habbit.

Fishmanpa
21-11-14, 22:40
To my knowledge and I'm not an expert but I was a personal trainer for a time many years ago. Torn muscles and lactic acid buildup can inflame a node from what I remember and I personally have had that happen when I was lifting heavy. It would make sense after heavy squats as the legs/glutes are the largest muscle group. If you blow them out, it would make sense that a node might swell.

charm1234
22-11-14, 11:21
thank you! Xx