PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

anxious_n
21-11-14, 22:50
Hi just a bit about myself. I'm hoping by joining I will better understand my condition and also maybe I can help others in time. For a good few years now I've had an awful stomach with IBS like symptoms but anxiety never reared its head. I have a fairly stressful job at times and I tend to overthink things a lot with a lot of problems always whizzing around my head, (I have mild OCD traits). As well as working full time in a fairly stressful job I am near to finishing a part time masters degree. About 2 months ago I had about 5 different stresses occur all at once from different angles of my life, as well as that I was working long hours. I thought I had coped ok but within the last 6 weeks I started getting trembling symptoms in my hands, legs and stomach. worse after just waking up but pretty much all day, went to docs they did thyroid blood test etc which came back ok and a week ago gave me 50mg Sertraline to take, all was going well until today, my IBS symptoms had completely disappeared, muscle twitches gone, my trembling had pretty much stopped, then completely out of the blue the first massive panic attack I have experienced. Thanks for reading and I look forward to chatting to you all :)

venusbluejeans
21-11-14, 22:59
Hiya and welcome to NMP:welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: