PDA

View Full Version : sad? I guess?

halfwayhome
05-01-07, 06:14
So, okay.
Let's just make this short.

There's someone who I admire a lot. And I look up to them, and they really inspire me.
And to make a long story short they really disappointed me today.
And I'm just, like, a total mess right now.
I know I can't depend on other people. And I don't. But when someone who means that much to you or whatever lets you down, you can't help it, right?
I don't know.
I don't even know why I'm posting, I just.. needed to let it out somewhere.
I can't stop crying. :(

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

xoxox

shoegal
05-01-07, 06:43
Hi halfwayhome. I'm sorry to hear you're so upset.
We all get let down by others sometimes. I know it's difficult but remember they are only human and they make mistakes and have their off days just like everyone else. Try not to take it to heart. Please try not to let one disappointment stand in the way as they must have a great many good qualities to have inspired you so much.
Maybe you will feel better after you have had a good cry, I know I always do.
Hope you feel better soon. :)
Love and hugs, shoegal xxx

Insomniac
05-01-07, 11:20
Hi there.

Sorry to hear you're so sad. I'm sure shoegal is right. This person inspires you and you admire them. We all have off days, and we all say things sometimes not realising how someone else takes our words or actions.

It sounds like we have something in common - I know that I am very sensitive and find it hard to let people in, then sometimes I do get hurt. I know that in the past I have been hurt by things which are not intended to hurt me.. Allowing yourself to cry and letting off steam here does help. Feeling sad is natural, but try not to let it get in the way of your relationship with this person.
Hope you feel better soon.

Lisa.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.