PDA

View Full Version : Problem with doubting anxiety

Alexocelix
05-01-07, 09:50
Hi everyone, does anyone have problems doubting anxiety? That seems to be my big problem at the moment. Since my panic attacks I've been through loads of typical anxiety problems, including lots of ocd problems, and thinking I'm mad etc because of all the weird symptoms.

They all fit with anxiety, but it's so confusing because I can't get over the feeling that it must be something more than anxiety.

I guess I'm still expecting everything to fall to pieces around me at any moment, I'm still so anxious. I makes making sense of everything very difficult indeed! Can someone please reassure me a little that things do return to some kind of normality when the anxiety finally resides?

monty
05-01-07, 10:54
Hi, can't say how you'll feel after the anxiety cos I'm still feeling it, but wanted to let you know that you're not alone- I often think I must be going mad too. All the anxious thoughts I have, and the feelings of being dis-connected from the real world, makes me think I'm losing my mind! Hope today is a good day for you. Lucy -x-

Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure.
-Marianne Williamson

Alexocelix
05-01-07, 12:19
Hmm. Sometimes Anxiety can just make everything seem horrible, like music and things just seems dreadful to listen to, whereas previously I would enjoy it. It feels like my brain will never feel normal again!

honeybee3939
05-01-07, 18:17
Hi Alex

I have lost count of the times i have visited the GP thinking that my symptoms cant be anxiety, in my mind i have had brain tumours, vertigo, thyroid problems,some servere mental illness etc.
My advice is Alex once we can accept we have anxiety its alot easier to get on that road to recovery. Hope that helps hun, and sending you a hug !

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

bb01234
08-01-07, 02:04
Alexocelix your anxiety is a symptom of something that's for sure and it's real as well, or as real as anything is in our minds.

Since people can 'have the symptoms' of blindness or deafness after a trauma, anxiety can be caused as well.

But it is a symptom of something happening in your unconscious mind and that's really the place you need to look to resolve the issue.

You've probably heard the story of the old lady who had lost a needle. Her daughter came into the room and saw her mother kneeling down near the window looking for the missing needle. 'Can I help, mum', she said. 'Yes, dear. I've lost my needle.' 'Where did you loose it?' asked the daughter. 'Oh, over there in the corner.' 'So why are we looking near the window?' Quizzed the daughter. 'Oh, you know, there's more light over here.'

Many times we do this with our minds.

Make good decisions

Regards

Brian