PDA

View Full Version : Hello and please let me know I'm not alone!

naturalworrier
23-11-14, 12:26
Hi I'm Caroline, 31 from London. I have had generalised anxiety most of my life on and off.

This came to a head when my mum died 7 years ago and I had panic attacks being alone in the house we'd lived together.

Eventually the house was sold and after 2 hospitalisations and nearly a year I found a houseshare and since my housemate leaving, I lived alone but my sister lived next door.

My cat, however,died 2 months ago and all the same feelings are back...I hate my house and spending time there...I panic and hate my house again.

I just dont know how to get through or anyone else that feels like this. ..I feel such a weirdo for reacting this way.

venusbluejeans
23-11-14, 12:31
Hiya naturalworrier and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

ferpanda
23-11-14, 12:43
Hey Caroline,

I know exactly what you're going through. I'm 27 and I've had a tough few years, my life has changed completely. One of the things I hate the most is being home alone. If my dad ever has to be away for a long time or if AT WORST he has to spend the night somewhere else, I just can't sleep. I double check locks, the stove, search for gas leaks, windows. I fear the house will just colapse or someone will break in, etc. It's horrible, the most horrible thing...

Sometimes i think i'll never be able to be independant. Which is awful because I already lived alone for a while before all those traumatic things happened to me.

anyways, I'm with you. You can message me whenever, maybe I cannot help but I can listen.

Maria,
xo

Hayliella
23-11-14, 14:24
My partner works one wk on, one wk off. When he is away, that is when the constant anxiety occurs. I have a wk of misery, then a wk of contentment. My who body and brain feels pulled from angle to the next. Its draining.

I feel for you :(

I also live in his home town, no friends and no family.

People are important...do you have many friends? People who you could occupy your mind being with?

almamatters
23-11-14, 14:44
Hi Caroline :welcome: to the forum. You are definitely not a 'weirdo' . There is loads of help and support on here. x

darrenleewelsh
23-11-14, 15:38
Hi Caroline. I'm a 38 year old man married with 4 kids and I hate being at home full stop whether alone or not. I find just getting out of the house just going for a walk helps me or a trip into town for a coffee. I link bad thoughts to being at home as this is where most of my panic attacks, depressive moments seem to occur. So hiding away at home makes IT worse. If it's evening and dark outside pop round to see a friend or just go out but try and get home at bed time so you haven't got time to think just go straight to bed. It has helped me no end along with my GP referring me to talking space. A mental health charity that arrange courses designed to help deal with mental health disorders. Speak to your GP about t if you haven't already. I hope this helps and believe me you are not alone!