PDA

View Full Version : The Realisation of Anxiety

Hayliella
23-11-14, 14:19
It was the beginning of this year that I realised I had a problem with anxiety. I have always been a worrier, yet always felt privileged, I am 25 years of age and have seen more of this world than most people who are a lot older, I hold a good degree, a loving family and a handful of fantastic friends.

Yet the start of this year changed all that. Some things mounted up, money worries, being away from my partner for four months, a car crash, job stresses and health issues due to an highly abnormal smear/pap test.

After being treated for this health issue, I began to feel constantly dazed, often close to fainting, sometimes I felt I was sinking into the bed, a tight chest, a feeling of not really existing, I was kinda going through day to day life feeling like I was not really living. I experienced head aches, ringing in my ears, a constant weight in my stomach, insomnia, panic attacks and worst of all, the fear that it would NEVER stop. Aches and pains would suddenly surface, starting to make me worry. Made me think I was ill. I thought it would never stop.

I got over this, and only occasionally have bouts of traumatic anxiety. Often a sleepless night, feeling tired and dazed, palpitations and that fear of thinking it will never end.

I have done little things to help myself, drinking camomile tea, occasionally meditating, eating a little extra salt to keep my blood pressure up slightly (it can be as low as 104/60).

Has anyone else experienced this?
Was it through a traumatic experience?
Do you think its worth a visit to the dr?

One last thing...I don't put it down to depression.

Oh and I am Hayliella...nice to meet you all :) :)

xxx

venusbluejeans
23-11-14, 14:24
Hiya Hayliella and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: