PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

darrenleewelsh
23-11-14, 15:51
Hi. I'm a 38 year old married man with 4 kids from Oxford. I have suffered with what I think is GAD for a few years now. I was prescribed citalopram and was on them for 5 years without any check ups as my old GP was useless. Over the past 6 months I noticed a downward spiral again so I webt to see a new GP and she is fantastic. No way should I have been on citalopram for that long unmonitored so she took me off them. I kept suffering from night terrors, waking up for no reason having panic attacks. She prescribed me Trazodone which has dealt with the night terrors as I don't wake up at all now but it takes me a while to actually get into gear in the morning. She also referred me to taking space and I am 2 sessions into a 4 week course on 'dealing with low mood' using cognitive behaverial therapy (CBT) now i understand the concept but I truely believe that my illness is a chemical imbalance as my mood swings from happy, sad, overjoyed, emotional ect. on a daily basis. A friend of mine mentioned bi polar disorder so I have researched it and done an online self assessment and finally I think I have found the cause. I am seeing my GP next week so I am going to discuss it with her and get tested properly. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? I would love to hear from you?

venusbluejeans
23-11-14, 15:56
Hiya darrenleewelsh and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

MrAndy
23-11-14, 16:57
Hello and welcome