PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Bartyboy
23-11-14, 18:02
Hi, I am a 40 yr old mum of 2 with health, social anxiety and OCD. Been suffering now almost 20 years. I thought I could deal with it myself until my first child was born, then things changed.i went on holiday with my mum when my dsughter was 1 and thought I would never see her again. Niw I don't fly. Last nivember things got really bad when my husband suffered heart failure. I managed CPR and he is still with us after 2 lots of heart surgery. I now panic about everything. If he will still be alive when I get home from work and how will I cope as a single mum and what if something happened to me and him my children would have to go into care as we have no family of close friends. I have panics every day and obsessive thoughts constantly. Am currently having CBT and take diazapam when things are really bad. I hope that others on here can relate to me as no one I know understands. My symptoms seem to vary a lot and I don't know whether I am ill or it's the anxiety. Hope you font mind me going on as I know many of you are suffering too.

almamatters
23-11-14, 18:04
Hi :welcome: to the forum. I hope you find it as helpful and supportive as I do.

venusbluejeans
23-11-14, 18:07
Hiya Bartyboy and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

ladyhawke77
23-11-14, 18:48
first of all were in this together.... i think you have dealt with alot of stuff and i think your anxiety is taken over as maybe your always fretting over whats comming next for you to deal with instead of relaxing and enjoying the things around you... maybe you could take a wee break away maybe to a hotel with your husband, i think you need some tlc.. i hope this is helpful

Bartyboy
23-11-14, 19:02
Thankyou to you all for welcoming me to the site. I am glad to feel that I not alone in all this. And good luck to you all in finding the peace that am sure you all deserve. I look forward to learning more from all of you. Thankyou

Canbud
23-11-14, 22:16
Hi, I am a 40 yr old mum of 2 with health, social anxiety and OCD. Been suffering now almost 20 years. I thought I could deal with it myself until my first child was born, then things changed.i went on holiday with my mum when my dsughter was 1 and thought I would never see her again. Niw I don't fly. Last nivember things got really bad when my husband suffered heart failure. I managed CPR and he is still with us after 2 lots of heart surgery. I now panic about everything. If he will still be alive when I get home from work and how will I cope as a single mum and what if something happened to me and him my children would have to go into care as we have no family of close friends. I have panics every day and obsessive thoughts constantly. Am currently having CBT and take diazapam when things are really bad. I hope that others on here can relate to me as no one I know understands. My symptoms seem to vary a lot and I don't know whether I am ill or it's the anxiety. Hope you font mind me going on as I know many of you are suffering too.

Welcome to NMP. :hugs: You have lots of friends here.