PDA

View Full Version : Red blotchy rash on chest, arms and legs - comes and goes with heat

GirlAfraid23
23-11-14, 22:15
So as the title states - another thing to add to the ever growing list of symptoms.
My chest has a blotchy rash which keeps appearing and then disappearing...it seems to occur when I'm hot/anxious/worked up...my arms and legs are having the same symptoms.

Can anyone help me out? I'm connecting it to the palpitations I've been having recently and the night sweats as they seem related in some way.

Fishmanpa
23-11-14, 22:27
hot/anxious/worked up -> rash = heat rash

Positive thoughts

Liziik
23-11-14, 22:34
As above. It's a heat rash I get these often quite annoying but harmless.

WorriedTeen221
25-11-14, 16:47
It's called Cholinergic Urticaria! I've had it for the past 3 years. Annoying at first but you'll get used to it, although it's still tough to live with. If you want someone to talk to I'm always on Skype :)

firecracker777
25-11-14, 18:04
Sounds like a heat rash to me as well

Annie0904
25-11-14, 18:10
I agree with Fishmanpa. Quite obvious when you say hot/anxious/worked up :)

Catherine S
25-11-14, 18:32
I got this for the first time this summer, was sitting reading a book and kept itching my arms, then my neck and was doing it almost without thinking about it, then suddenly noticed my arms had a raised red rash, like blotches joined together so went to the bathroom to have a better look and was covered from my neck down to my waist front and back and all down my arms. I was trying to think what I might have eaten that I might have reacted to but i'd only had some toast. In the end I put it down to the heat and it only happened that one day...it had faded by the time I went to bed thankfully, but it did freak me out I have to say! It was also a surprise that it was the heat because being menopausal I often suffer with hot flushes, yet have never once have had a rash like that.

ISB x